thoughts?
Last edited by BigManTing94; 6 days ago
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by BigManTing94)
I was just wondering what people thought of the jump between nat 5 to higher is like, personally, I felt it was a bit of a jump at first but once you ease into it, it steadies out.
I think everyone universally agrees that it's a very big step.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
There is a definite step up, but I do feel that it's something that some teachers (in my school at least) overhype to try and get you to take it seriously.
fucthesqa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
There is a definite step up, but I do feel that it's something that some teachers (in my school at least) overhype to try and get you to take it seriously.
Yeah I agree. It was definitely more difficult with much more content, but teachers make it seem like it's sooo much harder when it's really not.
ßulletproof
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Personally, while there is definitely a jump in difficulty from Nat 5 to Higher, I found it somewhat reduced by having a smaller number of subjects in total. As I studied 8 subjects at Nat 5 and then 5 subjects at Higher, the workload was more intense but wasn't as overwhelming for me as it was during Nat 5. This is probably down to other reasons as well, such as being not that experienced with revising techniques, the first time I did exams. All in all, I felt I was able to cope with it well, especially having narrowed my subject choices down to the ones that I enjoyed more.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Some subjects barely jump up at all. Others are massive. It just depends on where your natural strengths lie and what you are good at. As Labrador said, some teachers will hype it up to try and make you study for it. Maths is one of the only subjects where the consensus amongst friends and other people in my year was that it definitely was a massive step up. I personally didn't find English a big step up, but I know a lot of people did.
ak22221
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It's harder obviously, the jump isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Study and you'll be fine just the same with national 5
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (13)
18.57%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (10)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (17)
24.29%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (25)
35.71%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.43%
No particular grades needed (4)
5.71%