Quitting Primark: do you still get paid? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My gf quit by telling HR it's her last day but hasn't shown up for other shifts. She is an hourly associate. Will she be penalised through her PAY for No Call No Show on her attendance? And will she be paid less, late or not paid at ALL because she quit without showing up again? (her pay goes directly to her account every Friday fortnightly).
Anonymous #1
Bump
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
which one is it - did she say it was her last day or did she give notice and not show up again?

regardless read this www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/leaving-a-job/resigning/your-notice-period-when-resigning/
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Legally they have to pay her for what she worked. In theory they could try and reclaim the money her not working her notice cost them but they won't bother. It's a crappy thing to do though and she won't get a reference.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Joleee)
which one is it - did she say it was her last day or did she give notice and not show up again?

regardless read this www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/leaving-a-job/resigning/your-notice-period-when-resigning/
The HR told her the day she quit that it's her last day. Anyway I just want to know, realistically and at primark, will she get paid for the work she did or will they actually try to retaliate and withhold her money?

I'm really asking people who worked at Primark, how quitting went for them as far as getting paid.

(Original post by doodle_333)
Legally they have to pay her for what she worked. In theory they could try and reclaim the money her not working her notice cost them but they won't bother. It's a crappy thing to do though and she won't get a reference.
In theory, but will they actually do it?
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The HR told her the day she quit that it's her last day. Anyway I just want to know, realistically and at primark, will she get paid for the work she did or will they actually try to retaliate and withhold her money?

I'm really asking people who worked at Primark, how quitting went for them as far as getting paid.

In theory, but will they actually do it?
Very doubtful. It would be far more effort than it's worth given it probably costs them nothing will just mean staff have some crappy shifts covering for her
Anonymous #1
Very doubtful. It would be far more effort than it's worth given it probably costs them nothing will just mean staff have some crappy shifts covering for her
Her last day was verbal from HR.she was emotionally suffering and had hurt her back doing boxes and told them, and was yelled at. She went to HR with an email and was promised a resolution. Workplace woes like bullying and unfair laborious tasks every shift such as all shift stocking or inventory scanning for each item despite being a till operator pushed her to walk to HR to quit. Something about how the other till ops are treated differently. Doesn't matter what happened, just that she had a wee breakdown and couldn't arrive anymore without depression and anxiety as HR all knew. She quit while crying to them. They callously told her it's her last day! So even if that was misleading, she doesn't give a **** if they are inconvenienced.

Now we just want to know if she'll be seeing a fortnight of 80 hours worked in her pay on her usual pay day, or will they put her through it for not showing up.

Anyone who quit Primark how long did it take to get your last pay???
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Her last day was verbal from HR.she was emotionally suffering and had hurt her back doing boxes and told them, and was yelled at. She went to HR with an email and was promised a resolution. Workplace woes like bullying and unfair laborious tasks every shift such as all shift stocking or inventory scanning for each item despite being a till operator pushed her to walk to HR to quit. Something about how the other till ops are treated differently. Doesn't matter what happened, just that she had a wee breakdown and couldn't arrive anymore without depression and anxiety as HR all knew. She quit while crying to them. They callously told her it's her last day! So even if that was misleading, she doesn't give a **** if they are inconvenienced.

Now we just want to know if she'll be seeing a fortnight of 80 hours worked in her pay on her usual pay day, or will they put her through it for not showing up.

Anyone who quit Primark how long did it take to get your last pay???
Primark are a big company and understand it's literally the law they have to pay her. It's not worth the hassle to just with old it and they will be forced to pay up. She'll be paid on payday like normal. You don't need to make multiple threads on one topic.
Anonymous #1
Primark are a big company and understand it's literally the law they have to pay her. It's not worth the hassle to just with old it and they will be forced to pay up. She'll be paid on payday like normal. You don't need to make multiple threads on one topic.
I already explained why I made the other thread. It's asking two different things. I'm asking here IF she will get paid. In the other I'm asking primark employees WHEN. you can't answer WHEN because you don't even work at primark...so your posts are frivolous and annoyingly getting in the way of closure that I need. I shouldn't have to contact them to ask if I'll get paid. Which is what you suggested.
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I already explained why I made the other thread. It's asking two different things. I'm asking here IF she will get paid. In the other I'm asking primark employees WHEN. you can't answer WHEN because you don't even work at primark...so your posts are frivolous and annoyingly getting in the way of closure that I need. I shouldn't have to contact them to ask if I'll get paid. Which is what you suggested.
You're asking about pay after quitting... That's one thread. You don't need a Primark employee to tell you they have to pay you by law and will do so.

I didn't suggest that.
Anonymous #1
You're asking about pay after quitting... That's one thread. You don't need a Primark employee to tell you they have to pay you by law and will do so.

I didn't suggest that.
I mistook you for someone in the other thread who said call the store. (I stand by that she and I shouldnt have to call the very people who caused to her quit due to their dishonesty.) Regardless, again you are saying that she "WILL" get paid. I now am forced to believe that she will get paid so as I said, I'm now asking WHEN and you don't know because you haven't worked at Primark! So you don't know WHEN they will pay, and tbh you don't even know IF. and you don't know what their resignation process is like, nor their procedures, nor what the experience is like. Which, yes, I would like to ask separately. Do you have a problem? :lolwut: if you're bored and want a chat, that's fine, but not when I'm under distress worrying about what you know you'd worry about too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%