dropping out after 1st year Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If you drop out after 1st year, what is your funding for the rest of the degree like?

Also, if you then do a masters on top, do you get funding?
Uni of Winchester
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you drop out after 1st year, what is your funding for the rest of the degree like?

Also, if you then do a masters on top, do you get funding?
Student finance is available for four years, in case of a circumstance change. If you drop out after 1st year you will still be able to complete a 3 year degree with funding.

Masters Funding is a different loan and is not connected to the Undergraduate loan, so it is possible to do a 4 year degree and have funding for a Postgraduate course.

If you need anymore information, let me know!

Luke
JammiDodger
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Uni of Winchester)
Student finance is available for four years, in case of a circumstance change. If you drop out after 1st year you will still be able to complete a 3 year degree with funding.

Masters Funding is a different loan and is not connected to the Undergraduate loan, so it is possible to do a 4 year degree and have funding for a Postgraduate course.

If you need anymore information, let me know!

Luke
Thank you. So if i did 1 year of a degree but then switched to another 4 year degree (due to year abroad/ placement year) I would have to fund 1 of those years. I believe placement years are only a small % of the tuition fee, so is that the one I would have to fund myself? Or would i have to fund a full £9250? thanks
Uni of Winchester
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JammiDodger)
Thank you. So if i did 1 year of a degree but then switched to another 4 year degree (due to year abroad/ placement year) I would have to fund 1 of those years. I believe placement years are only a small % of the tuition fee, so is that the one I would have to fund myself? Or would i have to fund a full £9250? thanks
Yes, you would have to fund one of the 4 years. As you said, a placement year is usually a smaller fee than a regular year. For example, at Winchester a sandwich year is £700, the only thing to consider as well would be the lack of a loan. So you will need to consider living costs as well, though most placement years should be paying you enough to live comfortably.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.23%
Worried (264)
18.74%
Terrified (329)
23.35%
Meh (113)
8.02%
Confused (33)
2.34%