The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Is coventry university that bad ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Oh okay. I assume you went to Uni of nottingham. I was planning on going to Nottingham Trent, however after going to a few open days, I realised that Coventry is based suited for me. I'm studying Civil Engineering in Cov, the first year was alright for me. I'm still not sure if I regret not going Nottingham tho. Anyway, good luck with what ever you're going to do next. I assume a placement? or straight into a job?

Yep uni of,

Got a job lined up
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
A friend to me goes there and got in through clearing for business with CDD.
It's not bad, it's just mediocre and it's in Coventry so there's not a lot going on, really.
Reply 22
Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!!!!!!!
Original post by Nims99
Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!!!!!!!

Because..??? Any specific reason why?
any reviews on the psychology side of things?
Original post by Kiaraaaaaaaa
I got an offer to Coventry University for a Masters in Public Health Nutrition. I have gotten a lot of mixed reviews about the school, some say it’s good and some not so good. I just want to know if it’s a bad decision to go or not

A lot of people have really biased reviews on the uni and base their opinions on social media which I don’t get , because it’s never on the actual academics on the school only one what goes on outside of classes . In my opinion it is really good , especially the construction courses
Coventry is just way below European standards. People that would not be able to finish elementary school in Poland for example will easily get 2:1 in Coventry, not to mention you dont learn anything
Original post by agataf90
In my opinion, studying at the RG uni doesn't guarantee that quality of teaching of the specific course will be higher comparing to other uni.

And it depends what student expects from uni - personally, I'd rather hands-on approach over being more academic.

As a perfect example, see the post below from another topic:

Loughborough isn't even a RG uni. let's just get that straight.
Reply 28
Yes.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kiaraaaaaaaa
I got an offer to Coventry University for a Masters in Public Health Nutrition. I have gotten a lot of mixed reviews about the school, some say it’s good and some not so good. I just want to know if it’s a bad decision to go or not

Hi there,

Going to Coventry University very much depends on what you're looking for from the Uni, the city and the kind of student life you're expecting. From my point of view, the lecturer I know who is in charge of Public Health Nutrition is quite pleasant and helpful, but any help and support you require you must ask for.

Coventry, like any other city has its ups and downs and as it's a small city, everything is concentrated from socials, to the people, to the atmosphere, to what you hear on the news and where you go. I It's easy to listen to the mixed reviews and be swayed but I would keep an open mind and not have any expectations of Coventry and decide for yourself if Coventry is the right place for you.

I understand this message is quite late, regardless, the information on the Uni is still relevant for anyone who's interested in studying there.

Thank you for your message, I hope this is useful for you!

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, did you accept this offer? if so, how did you find it? I've been accepted for this course and wanted to know how was it and do you get straight into the job :smile:
Hi, did you accept this offer? if so, how did you find it? I've been accepted for this course and wanted to know how was it and do you get straight into the job :smile:
Reply 32
yes. its awful. save yourself
did you accept the offer? if so, how was the course? :smile:
Coventry University isn't great given the recent news coverage... Just isn't worth 9k a year or the piece of paper it is written on
Yea I did mech eng at Coventry, lets not mess about its an easy degree, the content is pretty trivial, people just go do engineering at Cov because better Unis rejected them.

True, very true!
Hi there,

From my perspective, the lecturer I know who is in charge of Media and Communications (Faculty of Arts & Humanities) is pleasant and supportive. Remember that as a university student, you need to be independent, so you should be initiated to seek help or answers if you need it rather than waiting for assistance.

I understand that Coventry isn't a typical "fancy" British city like Oxford or Cambridge. However, Coventry has its own distinct personality, which is student-friendly, and the cost of living is reasonable. From socials to people, everything is concentrated. During your free time, you are welcome to explore Coventry.

Could I suggest that you attend the face-to-face open day on Saturday, August 7th? Attend our Open event to learn why Coventry University is the right choice for you, whether you're a current offer holder or just curious about what it's like to study here. If you are unable to join us on campus, please join our virtual open event on Tuesday 3 August.

I hope this is useful for you!

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
MSc International Marketing Management
Coventry University
Coventry just spoon feeds students fairly trivial level content. If you want to be taught very easy content with exams given to you, not to 'examine' you but just to make sure everyone passes and gets a 2.1 or 1st then Coventry is probably the right choice. Im not trying to be facetious but the academic standard at Coventry is a joke,

If you want to learn your subject in depth to the highest standards by subject experts and be pushed then go to a RG, you also get way better facilities, better SU, more money for sports and engagement. You also get better exit opportunities.

Coventry does push year-in-industry way more than RG unis tho.

Have you gone there? This sounds like intellectual snobbery. For my course, cov uni is 2nd and the RG unis place pretty far down on the Guardian list. In fact, non RG unis ranked higher than RG unis.

Quick Reply

Latest