Skin condition Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I used a Neutrogena scrub (skin was clear never had acne or anything) and I would sometimes use it as a face mask for a few mins and left my skin always smooth and nice. I had one or two spots back in May 2019 on my chin only (that time of the month) and I never had bad reactions to the scrub and would sometimes use it as a spot treatment as it would make them go the next day. I decided to put a thin layer of the scrub on most of my chin only and it started burning which was weird and never happened so I left it on🤦🏻*♀️(Worse idea) the next day my chin was red ,irritated, peeling and had my first pustule (filled with green/yellow pus.) it’s now August 2019 and my chin had discolouration, red dots all over (thinking they’re becoming scars) and still get small pustules or whiteheads im not sure which they are tbh( not as big as they used to be the first month). Have I ruined my skin permanently or will it heal? I went to the doctors they mistook it for several infections and hormonal acne tried creams and antibiotics and also swapped birth control pills, but I never thought telling this story to them as it never came across my mind that this all happened when I used the scrub. Has anyone gone through this and does anyone know anything about chemical facial burns and if they ever heal or just damaged skin permanently?
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I used a Neutrogena scrub (skin was clear never had acne or anything) and I would sometimes use it as a face mask for a few mins and left my skin always smooth and nice. I had one or two spots back in May 2019 on my chin only (that time of the month) and I never had bad reactions to the scrub and would sometimes use it as a spot treatment as it would make them go the next day. I decided to put a thin layer of the scrub on most of my chin only and it started burning which was weird and never happened so I left it on🤦🏻*♀️(Worse idea) the next day my chin was red ,irritated, peeling and had my first pustule (filled with green/yellow pus.) it’s now August 2019 and my chin had discolouration, red dots all over (thinking they’re becoming scars) and still get small pustules or whiteheads im not sure which they are tbh( not as big as they used to be the first month). Have I ruined my skin permanently or will it heal? I went to the doctors they mistook it for several infections and hormonal acne tried creams and antibiotics and also swapped birth control pills, but I never thought telling this story to them as it never came across my mind that this all happened when I used the scrub. Has anyone gone through this and does anyone know anything about chemical facial burns and if they ever heal or just damaged skin permanently?
They might have changed ingredients in the scrub. Perhaps get in touch with Neutrogena, and see what they say?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%