Arif121
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Do your AS results count towards your UCAS points?

The reason I'm asking is I've got an offer for AAB in any order in maths chemistry and physics but I also have an offer for 340 points including a B grade at maths and chem A2
I recieved a B grade in german AS which I have dropped now, will those 50 points count towards my offer?
Thanks
shakerbaby
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah, i think so. if they're cashed in.
pisces_abhi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes AS results do count. They are just half the value of complete A-level, I think. But yes they would be included in UCAS points.
secretmessages
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes they do. Half the value of a complete A level.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If the points offer doesn't have "from three subjects..." or something tagged onto the end, then, yes, the extra AS grade counts.

I only got one points offer, and it was "280 points from three A Levels", and I rang them up and asked if the 4th A Level or my grade 6 piano counted, and they said "no, it's just the three subjects". Which is a bit pointless if you ask me; why not just give me a grade offer instead?
mollymustard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Those 50 points will count, but you must make sure you get the grade cashed in. I know so many people who have forgotten to do this and have ended up not being able to use the AS points.

Check with your exams co-ordinator just to make sure they are going to be cashed or have already been cashed in.
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if the uni has specified "340 from 3alevels" then it wont count, if they havent they it should do.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
I only got one points offer, and it was "280 points from three A Levels", and I rang them up and asked if the 4th A Level or my grade 6 piano counted, and they said "no, it's just the three subjects". Which is a bit pointless if you ask me; why not just give me a grade offer instead?
Well, the simple answer might be that it would have been too complicated to enumerate all the possibilities that add up to 280 points.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
Well, the simple answer might be that it would have been too complicated to enumerate all the possibilities that add up to 280 points.
Well, true.... but BBC would have been fine, never mind about ABD or AAE or anything like that, because I'm not going to get an E, a D, nor 2As.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
Well, true.... but BBC would have been fine, never mind about ABD or AAE or anything like that, because I'm not going to get an E, a D
They don't know that, though, and they'll be happy if you do according to the way the offer is phrased. That is the whole point.
Holamigo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what about if you have an AS and also marks from a jan A2 but havent havent continued with the subject to sit the summer exams?? would that still be counted?
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Holamigo)
what about if you have an AS and also marks from a jan A2 but havent havent continued with the subject to sit the summer exams?? would that still be counted?
They have to be certificated to qualify for UCAS tariff points. So, if you have taken, say, two modules they cannot be certificated and are not worth anything. If you have an AS plus a further one or two A2 modules in the same subject you basically just have an AS.
Holamigo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
noooooooo
Sarahl89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hmmm my offer said 'excluding General Studies in Summer 2007/8' ..does this mean under no circumstances does it accept GS? just all my other offers simply said 'excluding general studies'?
Arif121
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Cash in?
Am I too late to do this?
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sarahl89)
hmmm my offer said 'excluding General Studies in Summer 2007/8' ..does this mean under no circumstances does it accept GS? just all my other offers simply said 'excluding general studies'?
Offers generally mean exactly what they say. If you have a GS qualification from before then it should count.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads