why do people want to be doctors Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to study it because I think I will enjoy the content. Seems interesting. But when you actually graduate... why would anyone want to put themselves through that???!!!!

please give reasons and if you are a doctor now, do you like your job? Or do u hate it and wish you did something else? What would u have done instead?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ecolier :curious:
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not a doctor nor would I want to become one, but I think some of the reasons might be that as a doctor, you can help other people and make a difference to people's lives. Knowing you've helped other people is a good feeling.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Because Asian parents dictate the career their children must follow in order to raise the perceived community status of the family and provide the parents with a comfortable financial retirement position in a developed western country.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
For Asian parents, there are only a few career paths:
- Computer Science
- Finance
- Medicine
- Law

What do all these have in common? They are high-paying and are regarded as “good careers”. Anything else is not acceptable

Hence I am going into medicine (but I also want to go into medicine too, it’s not just my parents)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to study it because I think I will enjoy the content. Seems interesting. But when you actually graduate... why would anyone want to put themselves through that???!!!!

please give reasons and if you are a doctor now, do you like your job? Or do u hate it and wish you did something else? What would u have done instead?
I'm a doctor. I love treating patients, interpreting investigations and doing procedures. But the negatives of working for the NHS vastly outweighs the positives of the job in my opinion.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
What's it like being a doctor?
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Higher then the average) money, social status, power, ability to help people all over the world, there’s a myriad of reasons
Huckipity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Etomidate)
I'm a doctor. I love treating patients, interpreting investigations and doing procedures. But the negatives of working for the NHS vastly outweighs the positives of the job in my opinion.
Hey, just curious but what were your gcse grades like?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%