NCA Trainee Investigator/Intelligence 2019 Watch

EngineeringOr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by y4r4)
As 5000 people have apparently had a score high enough to pass the SJT phase (benchmark is 40%, right?), I am pretty sure they'll up the passing score quite a bit, at least for regions with a lot of candidates. I'm kind of worried about how high they'll push it ... I read somewhere (can't recall where though) that for the Civil Service Fast Stream (which has a lot of more applicants but still) they typically expect a score of 85 or above which seems pretty high to me and definitely would put me out of the running :/
Fast Stream uses a different set of tests and they practically half their numbers of candidates per stage.so I doubt their % is that high - I've applied and gotten the latter stages a couple of times and my CSJT scores vary from 70s to 90s depending when I do them etc.

If there's 250 jobs I imagine they'll cull numbers to around 750 -1,000 for the final stage so there's 3 or 4 people per job. Unlikely they'll cull it per location either, it'll be a blanket reduction by an increase in the pass mark percentage required,
y4r4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EngineeringOr)
Fast Stream uses a different set of tests and they practically half their numbers of candidates per stage.so I doubt their % is that high - I've applied and gotten the latter stages a couple of times and my CSJT scores vary from 70s to 90s depending when I do them etc.

If there's 250 jobs I imagine they'll cull numbers to around 750 -1,000 for the final stage so there's 3 or 4 people per job. Unlikely they'll cull it per location either, it'll be a blanket reduction by an increase in the pass mark percentage required,
Ah, great, thank you for explaining a bit more! That's certainly (slightly) encouraging to read.

A question though - the Candidate Pack states that "the benchmark for passing the shortlist sift may vary per location as we may have more roles in one location than the other". Doesn't that confirm that the benchmark for areas with more applicants will be higher/more people will be culled, at least in the shortlisting stage (not that I expect to reach it lol)?
panther_ops
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by y4r4)
As 5000 people have apparently had a score high enough to pass the SJT phase (benchmark is 40%, right?), I am pretty sure they'll up the passing score quite a bit, at least for regions with a lot of candidates. I'm kind of worried about how high they'll push it ... I read somewhere (can't recall where though) that for the Civil Service Fast Stream (which has a lot of more applicants but still) they typically expect a score of 85 or above which seems pretty high to me and definitely would put me out of the running :/
From what I understood - 5000 people took test. She didnt say 5000 passed it. There will be vast amount of people who didnt make the mark then you possibly looking at upping the level a little to weed out some of us....
y4r4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by panther_ops)
From what I understood - 5000 people took test. She didnt say 5000 passed it. There will be vast amount of people who didnt make the mark then you possibly looking at upping the level a little to weed out some of us....
Ohhh, I took "through the first test" as having passed it. But yeah, you could be right, it could just be referring to people who took the test lol
panther_ops
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by y4r4)
Ohhh, I took "through the first test" as having passed it. But yeah, you could be right, it could just be referring to people who took the test lol
Yeah....deffinetly trough would be that they done it in general regardless of the outcome. This post was more to show overall scale - aka 5000 (a lot of people intrested). I can not imagine all 5000 people passing this means actual application numbers would have been in 10000-20000 or more...
bthlrn96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey everyone, Just wondering if most of you are applying straight out of uni or not? I didn't do as well as I'd hoped on the test (56%) and I'm worrying my personal statement may be lacking. I've worked 20 hours a week part time during my degree in different jobs so have that experience but I'm just worried about not having any real life experience really, just part-time jobs and volunteering through uni.
Lay_b
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bthlrn96)
Hey everyone, Just wondering if most of you are applying straight out of uni or not? I didn't do as well as I'd hoped on the test (56%) and I'm worrying my personal statement may be lacking. I've worked 20 hours a week part time during my degree in different jobs so have that experience but I'm just worried about not having any real life experience really, just part-time jobs and volunteering through uni.
Don’t under estimate yourself. They do not expect everyone applying to have relevant experience or even life experience. I would imagine they will take a mix on. Well that’s what I would do anyway!
C98bax
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m going into my 3rd year and I’ve applied. If I get in before I finish uni I’d happily leave as I don’t really enjoy my course but I don’t know what else to do. My uni told us before the summer to start applying for full time jobs anyway so I’m not really sure how they expect people to do both
Lillywatson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I went to uni some years ago, currently working in a full time marketing role. I was encouraged to apply based on the application stating that no direct experience was required, and that they are clearly keen to employ people from all walks of life. I think as long as you can demonstrate that you have the required attributes they are looking for (working as a team, leadership and delivering at pace) then you have just as good a chance as anyone else, no matter how much 'life experience' someone has
JPuddleduck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi all, just checking in here as well. I'm late 20s and from a completely different industry so not sure what to expect at all really. I actually only found the advert at 7pm on the closing date so really had to go for it on my personal statement!! I ended up writing about 900 words but I don't imagine I'll have much luck on the first part of the sift unfortunately.

I got over 76% in my test but it's such a completely different process to my usual applications that I have no idea what to expect.
lily0392
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m about to go into my 3rd year of University, as I’m just about to finish a year long placement in Intel in the police however our force doesn’t currently have the IPP accreditation, so I wouldn’t be able to go for an “experienced role”. I had a lot to write for my personal statement but I got 69% on the test, I’m just hoping my application will still get read ...

If not it’s not the end of the world, I’ll just apply for policing. But it’s a good starting wage and close to home so fingers crossed 🤞🏻
mrtom616
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
All of you worrying about your application after getting more than 60 on your test need to chill, you've got nothing to worry about, your score is quite likely high enough for you to get through. If you got less than 50 (me) then you need to start worrying.
Fireofficer
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there I’m in swansea too, got 63%, think my personal statement is strong but who knows. Yes I only applied for investigation and only Bridgend not prepared to travel.

(Original post by Yvonne 86)
I had 70% how about you? Yes I’m in Swansea, you?

I’m forgetting about it until middle of Sept, civil service jobs usually take at least 4-6 weeks to sift 🤦🏽*♀️
Yvonne 86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fireofficer)
Hi there I’m in swansea too, got 63%, think my personal statement is strong but who knows. Yes I only applied for investigation and only Bridgend not prepared to travel.
Ok best of luck! Let me know how you get on
panther_ops
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Few more days and we should be geting some traction....application overview said they will start long listing after 1st of Sept...fasten your seatbelts people!
LeeG33
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Few more days and we should be geting some traction....application overview said they will start long listing after 1st of Sept...fasten your seatbelts people!
Had a dream this morning I didnt get to the next stage and my feedback was awful 😂
panther_ops
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LeeG33)
Had a dream this morning I didnt get to the next stage and my feedback was awful 😂
What was your score %?!
LeeG33
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What was your score %?!
My CSJT was 92 but my overall mark for the personal statement was 32 in the dream lol
panther_ops
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LeeG33)
My CSJT was 92 but my overall mark for the personal statement was 32 in the dream lol
WOW thats very good i had 62% but i done much better in prep. I think i was way overthinking some of them and this resulited in lower score. I think my PS is decent. I think anything more then 75% is like solid and you can relax more...
LeeG33
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
WOW thats very good i had 62% but i done much better in prep. I think i was way overthinking some of them and this resulited in lower score. I think my PS is decent. I think anything more then 75% is like solid and you can relax more...
Nah anything over 50 I'd say. The bench mark for CSJT is usually 40-44% from the ones I've done previously. I think 62% is nothing to worry about. Roll on September so things get moving.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.83%
Pop (211)
24.77%
Jazz (33)
3.87%
Classical (46)
5.4%
Hip-Hop (166)
19.48%
Electronic (58)
6.81%
Indie (135)
15.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise