The Student Room Group

NCA Trainee Investigator/Intelligence 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
After for that, glad to help
Anybody reregistered their interest this week who was still waiting to be invited to assessment from last year? 😂 I hope I get an interview this time as I’ve made big changes over the last year. If you’ve reregistered, what was your assessment score and where/what did you apply for?
Original post by Snorkelberry92
Anybody reregistered their interest this week who was still waiting to be invited to assessment from last year? 😂 I hope I get an interview this time as I’ve made big changes over the last year. If you’ve reregistered, what was your assessment score and where/what did you apply for?

Where did you register interest? I’ve been looking but haven’t seen anything yet?
Reply 1383
Original post by Sunpomegranate
Where did you register interest? I’ve been looking but haven’t seen anything yet?

^
Would love to know how to register interest too!
I got an email from recruitment last week that said:

Dear —-

1643022 Trainee Intelligence Officer & Investigations Officer

I am writing to thank you again for taking the time to apply for the trainee investigator and intelligence officer role at the NCA.

We are not arranging the next set of interviews for this role. As it has been a while since you were placed on the waiting list please can you reconfirm your interest by emailing [email protected] before Monday 7th September. If you are no longer interested then please withdraw your application via your Civil Service Application Centre.

Who can I contact if I have questions?

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at [email protected] or calling us at 0117 372 0777.

Kind Regards

Joao Rodrigues

Head of Resourcing

**based on what the email said I assume that it meant to say ‘now’ instead of ‘not’ as I’ve had a follow up email that said they are finalising the interview schedule and I would receive details in due course. I thought everyone who was still waiting to hear back from last September would have received this email?
Reply 1385
I got an email from recruitment last week that said:

Dear —-

1643022 Trainee Intelligence Officer & Investigations Officer

I am writing to thank you again for taking the time to apply for the trainee investigator and intelligence officer role at the NCA.

We are not arranging the next set of interviews for this role. As it has been a while since you were placed on the waiting list please can you reconfirm your interest by emailing [email protected] before Monday 7th September. If you are no longer interested then please withdraw your application via your Civil Service Application Centre.

Who can I contact if I have questions?

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at [email protected] or calling us at 0117 372 0777.

Kind Regards

Joao Rodrigues

Head of Resourcing

**based on what the email said I assume that it meant to say ‘now’ instead of ‘not’ as I’ve had a follow up email that said they are finalising the interview schedule and I would receive details in due course. I thought everyone who was still waiting to hear back from last September would have received this email?

How do we apply?
Original post by EMZX
How do we apply?

Were you shortlisted for assessment centre last September but haven’t heard anything since? I’m still waiting from last time as my score wasn’t high enough to be interviewed in the first round. I got a score of 13. I saw Joao said on twitter they were looking to open to new applicants hopefully this month though if you’ve not already been through the process
Reply 1387
Were you shortlisted for assessment centre last September but haven’t heard anything since? I’m still waiting from last time as my score wasn’t high enough to be interviewed in the first round. I got a score of 13. I saw Joao said on twitter they were looking to open to new applicants hopefully this month though if you’ve not already been through the process

No, i'm new to it - how did you apply first time round? was it on their website?

Ahh I understand, haven’t yet gone through it so just waiting for it to open again
Original post by EMZX
No, i'm new to it - how did you apply first time round? was it on their website?

Set up an alert for civil service jobs on the civil service job website and you will get an email a few times a week with the new vacancies from all the different government agencies. I applied through there. I would keep an eye on the nca social media as well, and director general Lynne Owens posts about it on her twitter x
Reply 1390
Set up an alert for civil service jobs on the civil service job website and you will get an email a few times a week with the new vacancies from all the different government agencies. I applied through there. I would keep an eye on the nca social media as well, and director general Lynne Owens posts about it on her twitter x

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully i'll see it when it opens up x
For rhose who went through the interview did you do an assessment centre after that or did you move on to background checks after the interview if successful?
Original post by isabellasparks
For rhose who went through the interview did you do an assessment centre after that or did you move on to background checks after the interview if successful?

I had a telephone interview in April and then an assessment centre in London at the end of June. It wasn’t until passing the AC that they started the vetting process (still going through it!). Received conditional offer at the beginning of August. Hope that helps!
Original post by TWCL123
I had a telephone interview in April and then an assessment centre in London at the end of June. It wasn’t until passing the AC that they started the vetting process (still going through it!). Received conditional offer at the beginning of August. Hope that helps!

I'm in the same boat as you, filled out 3 sets of security forms for clearance but still waiting on a substance test...have you been given any sort of update in the last few weeks?
Original post by jonnyRH19
I'm in the same boat as you, filled out 3 sets of security forms for clearance but still waiting on a substance test...have you been given any sort of update in the last few weeks?

No nothing. Had medical call 4 weeks ago, which I think was the final step for me, but have heard nothing since. I was told that the substance test can be done within 12 months of started (not sure if that is correct officially). Would really like to just know the official start date - even if it’s still months away!
How long did it take to recieve the vetting forms once a conditional offer was made? I received my offer last week and I was told I'm going into the candidate pool and pre employment checks will begin but I've heard nothing yet and haven't received any forms
Hi all - has anyone due to start on the intel pathway in the November intake heard anything yet about onboarding? Just wondering at what point to chase. I’m due to hand in my notice next week and a bit nervous to do so without having heard anything!
Original post by Hsa123
Hi all - has anyone due to start on the intel pathway in the November intake heard anything yet about onboarding? Just wondering at what point to chase. I’m due to hand in my notice next week and a bit nervous to do so without having heard anything!

7 Sept starters didn’t get anything until 11/8, and full details only on 21/8. As long as they have acknowledged receipt of your signed contract then you should be good to go.
Original post by enolieve
7 Sept starters didn’t get anything until 11/8, and full details only on 21/8. As long as they have acknowledged receipt of your signed contract then you should be good to go.

Original post by Hsa123

Just out of interest Hsa123, when did you receive your formal offer and contact confirming the November start? I’ve got a conditional for investigations and was wondering if it might be a December start but haven’t had the formal offer/contract yet. I will also have to give notice at work so wondering what the timescale might be
Original post by enolieve

Thank you - that’s reassuring. I will just have to be a bit more patient!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending