The Student Room Group

NCA Trainee Investigator/Intelligence 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
Hello

Anyone had an update this month? I’m also 2019 applicant, in the candidate pool, for Sunderland. Anyone managed to speak to the engagement team to get any further insight into timelines?
Original post by AEYR
Hello

Anyone had an update this month? I’m also 2019 applicant, in the candidate pool, for Sunderland. Anyone managed to speak to the engagement team to get any further insight into timelines?

Are you wanting investigations or intelligence?
Reply 1742
Investigations
Yes still hanging in the pool, I hope that I get the extension of 6 months extra too because I’m nearing the 12 month point! Has anyone heard anything this month?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Parndy13
Yes still hanging in the pool, I hope that I get the extension of 6 months extra too because I’m nearing the 12 month point! Has anyone heard anything this month?

Nothing yet this month. Anyone else?
Hey, I’m from the 19 pool too. How did you find out you had been extended by 6 months?
Is it just me or has anyone else totally lost hope for this job?
I didn’t even get a posting panel update for February and they should be doing March soon.
3 years ago I applied for this job. Never known anything like this :-(
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Beccs76
I didn’t even get a posting panel update for February and they should be doing March soon.
3 years ago I applied for this job. Never know anything like this :-(

I had my interview with them two weeks ago for the 2021-2022 investigator intake. I asked them what was going on and they said that COVID and slowed progression massively and they are getting back on track

If I were you, I would drop them an email just to make sure you are still in the process/candidate pool. It is their usual game plan to drop any candidate who has been in the pool for 12 months, they usually bin them

So, my first port of call would be to check to make sure you haven't been binned, then maybe ask for an update and tell them you have been waiting for three years
Reply 1748
Where you've applied for plays a part, not just when
Original post by Sevataar
I had my interview with them two weeks ago for the 2021-2022 investigator intake. I asked them what was going on and they said that COVID and slowed progression massively and they are getting back on track

If I were you, I would drop them an email just to make sure you are still in the process/candidate pool. It is their usual game plan to drop any candidate who has been in the pool for 12 months, they usually bin them

So, my first port of call would be to check to make sure you haven't been binned, then maybe ask for an update and tell them you have been waiting for three years

Yeah I’m still in the candidate pool, and I know they have extended the time limit, so I’m expecting that based on other people experiences. Emails just give standard responses.
It’s just disappointing
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1750
Original post by Beccs76
3 years ago I applied for this job. Never know anything like this :-(

I feel like even they’ve given up at this point
Can anyone advise roughly when in the month the posting panels are held ? TIA
Hello,
It used to be around the 12th or 15th working day of the month (can’t remember which) but it all got mixed up a few months back when they fell behind.
May was the 11th, but as far as I am aware, there has not been a posting panel update from that one
Thanks @Beccs76
Hi the posting panel was the 11th this month and they take a few weeks to work through everything before posting an update. I am aware you can now find out where you are on the merit list position. Which helps.

Original post by JaneAnnie1
Can anyone advise roughly when in the month the posting panels are held ? TIA
Thanks Fireofficer that's helpful to know 🙂
Original post by Fireofficer
Hi the posting panel was the 11th this month and they take a few weeks to work through everything before posting an update. I am aware you can now find out where you are on the merit list position. Which helps.

How do you see the merit list position?
Original post by Jms40
I wouldn’t hold much hope if you’ve recently applied for this role. I’m currently 13 months into my stint in the candidate pool (has been extended by 6 months) - applied summer 2019.

I still hold on hope for being placed as this is my dream job, but don’t hold out on other opportunities as it’s a long time to wait for disappoint. I’ve since started a new role and have essentially lost confidence in getting any further in this process.

I’m yet to hear of anyone in this thread that’s actually been placed - is that still the case or has anyone been lucky enough to get anywhere with it?

Have you heard anything since this? I am going into my 13th month 🥲
Original post by Jms40
How do you see the merit list position?

Hello, did you find any more info on this?
You just need to email recruitment and ask where you are on the merit list. They got back to me on the same day 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending