The Student Room Group

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Alexty28
spend it all down at the boozer

+1
Would give 50 million to charities supporting rape survivors, 50 million to charities supporting honour abuse survivors.
Would use 40 million to setup an emergency fund to provide victims of crime, survivors of terrorism and bereaved families- access to legal advice & representation at court/inquests/any other necessary legal proceedings.
Would spend the final 3 million paying off my student loans and credit cards, then buying a house and a friendly chow chow dog.
Stick it in the savings account and then forget I had it.
First thing I'd do is quit my job but it wouldn't be in the traditional way of handing in my notice I'd turn it into a big event with a DJ, few strippers the lot. Probs tell everyone if they quit with me they get 30k cash each.
Original post by Paracosm
not yet

What about now?
I'd open clothing factories and stores in low income areas around the world. I'd fund extracurricular programs in low income schools, or open my own after-school and summer school academies for those with small application or tuition fees. I'd invest in real estate...idk exactly what that means but apparently you get rich doing it lol

Dunno basically I'd do the main stuff the world's richest people do which is manufacturing and business owning and real estate :dontknow:

That's to avoid the "curse" of winning the lottery which is almost instant loss of all that money.
Put it in the bank to gather interest to live comfortably forever.
Spend some of it on a four bedroom house with a pool and a large garden for my parents and me.
Get a golden retriever dog.
Pay off all of my great uncles debt. Get my great aunt a proper house with her three kids as she lives in terrible conditions and a crappy house.
Give my aunt some money so they can get a good house and build the shop they want.
Re design my grandparents home so they don’t need to use stairs anymore as it’s v difficult for them.
Get my great grandma a neat little home.
Give my uncles some money
Give two of my aunts on my dads side some money and the rest don’t need it coz they’re pretty much well off.
Get recognition of money from the entirety of my tribe as their attitudes have been disgusting to my grandparents because of nasty little fights to do with buying land. They’ll act nice to them now coz of me being rich.
Give a lot of money to charities and especially smile train
Live happily and still go to uni.
Get private teachers
Start own company
Visit a tonne of countries.
(edited 4 years ago)
with a £143 million I would just pay off my parent's mortgage, buy my own house that isn't too expensive and that's it. I would rest for the rest of my entire life
Forget about results day... who needs it? :hand:

Results won't matter when you win the Euromillions jackpot. :hand:

So... you've just won £143 million pounds. My question is simple... what the hell do you do now?

Best answer wins... idk... an avatar (poorly) designed by me for them to use... yes that was the best thing I could come up with.

Let’s just say, what happened to the whole stores supply of Oreos and ice cream
Buy the rest of the terrace I live on, convert it into a single property. Buy my parents a house. Buy myself a cat. Buy twenty houses to rent out. That's my income.

Learn to drive.

Apply for the MSt I was looking at at Oxford. If I get in, cancel the OU MA I've applied to do and cancel student finance; go and live in Oxford for a year while I do it. Commute home to see my parents and take care of other things up here at weekends. Hell, if I do well and I don't have to worry about the money, see about staying on for a DSt.

With the rest, try and find an actual productive way to help the homeless.
Reply 50
Original post by Coconutloverxx
Let’s just say, what happened to the whole stores supply of Oreos and ice cream

The oreo ice cream sandwiches :sogood:
Original post by 8472
The oreo ice cream sandwiches :sogood:

Food :u:
Can we get the winner already?
@Paracosm
The winner was @Blue_Cow! Congratulations :biggrin: the avatar will be produced for you shortly. :colone:
The winner was @Blue_Cow! Congratulations :biggrin: the avatar will be produced for you shortly. :colone:

:rofl:
Original post by Blue_Cow
:rofl:

Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest