Cie igcse Watch

usaifuddin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am very confused right now. I checked the grade thresholds (June 2019) for CIE IGCSE islamiyat. To get an A*, you need 63/100 so 63%. The centre I took the exam at gave me a results sheet with a percentage uniform mark of 64% but they graded it at a C. What is my grade and how do I calculate my raw mark?
iamjoecll
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's the percentage uniform mark, not your actual grade. It's like UMS like an A* would be 90%, A is 80% and B 70%, etc...
However, your grade is dependant on the grade boundaries so like if I got a 63/100 that would be my actual grade and it's an A* but my percentage uniform mark would be 90%
usaifuddin
Rep:
?
(Original post by iamjoecll)
That's the percentage uniform mark, not your actual grade. It's like UMS like an A* would be 90%, A is 80% and B 70%, etc...
However, your grade is dependant on the grade boundaries so like if I got a 63/100 that would be my actual grade and it's an A* but my percentage uniform mark would be 90%
So what is my actual grade then?
MaxDav Mac
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by usaifuddin)
So what is my actual grade then?
https://www.cambridgeinternational.o...form-marks.pdf

According to this a C, it is so confusing, the same happened to me, I thought I had an A (like in every mock i have done) but i got a C
usaifuddin
Rep:
?
(Original post by MaxDav Mac)
https://www.cambridgeinternational.o...form-marks.pdf

According to this a C, it is so confusing, the same happened to me, I thought I had an A (like in every mock i have done) but i got a C
damn..... let's hope I do better in my actual GCSE's that I did in school.
Ellen Liu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by usaifuddin)
I am very confused right now. I checked the grade thresholds (June 2019) for CIE IGCSE islamiyat. To get an A*, you need 63/100 so 63%. The centre I took the exam at gave me a results sheet with a percentage uniform mark of 64% but they graded it at a C. What is my grade and how do I calculate my raw mark?
yeah, I've got the same problem in computer science .84 should be A* , I got 88 but it is an A. Now I understand that the percentage showed on your results sheet is the percentage of global candidate that you exceeded. For example you got 64% means your score is higher than 64 percent of candidate around the world who took igcse test in this subject in 2019may. It doesn't mean that you really got 64% on your test paper ,but actually lower. The threshold of A* which is 63%,means that the people who exceed 90% of global candidate need to get at least 63% and those people get an A*. This simply means that the people that has an A*(90) on their results sheet actually got 63% in the test, and you get much lower than 63% in the test paper. But anyway, you still did a better job than 64% of global candidate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%