The Student Room Group

Do you need a portfolio for art-based clearing courses?

Hi guys, results day is soon and going into clearing is a big possibility for me. I want to do animation at university and I was wondering if courses in clearing will want to see a portfolio? If so, I assume this can be sent over email?
Reply 1
Not always, I got into a design course through clearing without a portfolio but if they ask for one then yes you can send a digital portfolio.
Reply 2
Original post by s817
Not always, I got into a design course through clearing without a portfolio but if they ask for one then yes you can send a digital portfolio.

Thank you for the reply! Is it more common to be asked for one or not asked for one? Or does it really depend on the uni?
Original post by lostlionani
Thank you for the reply! Is it more common to be asked for one or not asked for one? Or does it really depend on the uni?

It will depend on your A level subjects/qualifications. Some universities will happily take people with the right creative qualifications while others will always want to see a portfolio. It's best to make sure you've got your portfolio all ready online to email/send to universities now:smile:
Reply 4

I don't know, it will probably depend on the uni. Just have a portfolio ready just in case they ask for one.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
It will depend on your A level subjects/qualifications. Some universities will happily take people with the right creative qualifications while others will always want to see a portfolio. It's best to make sure you've got your portfolio all ready online to email/send to universities now:smile:

Original post by s817
I don't know, it will probably depend on the uni. Just have a portfolio ready just in case they ask for one.

Thank you both for the replies, it's really helpful! I appreciate it : )
Hi guys, results day is soon and going into clearing is a big possibility for me. I want to do animation at university and I was wondering if courses in clearing will want to see a portfolio? If so, I assume this can be sent over email?

Hi @lostlionani,

As @PQ said, the entry requirements will be different depending on the university or HEI, but we'd suggest having a digital portfolio or a selection of your work online ready to email if necessary.

Our BA (Hons) Animation degree has limited Clearing spaces available and will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed for a role in the Animation industry. On this programme you’ll have access to dedicated studios with all the necessary tools to make short to feature-quality animation, as well as have opportunities to explore traditional, experimental and computer animation, and work on a wide range of exciting design briefs including live client projects and national competitions.

As part of our entry requirements we do ask our applicants to provide us with an example of creative work, so if you chose to apply to us through Clearing we'd ask for a digital portfolio (could be a PDF of work, Flickr, Instagram or website etc).

Visit our website to find out more about Clearing including info on our college bursary and guaranteed accommodation or call our Clearing Team on 01752 203402.

Millie Cresswell
Clearing Team at Plymouth College of Art

Hi,

It will very much depend on your institution, but it is recommended that you prepare an online portfolio so that you can send the direct link for it to the university if they request a portfolio. This could be sent over email or through an online portal that a university has.
Best case scenario: they don’t ask for one.
Worst case scenario: they ask for one and you don't have it ready.

Good luck for results day!

Dan :smile:
Final Year Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest