sexualy incompatible Watch

Mousickle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Do you think you could ever be truly happy in a relationship with someone who you were totally sexualy incompatible with?

For example one person who likes it very rough and violent, and one who is very delicate and such.

Do you think that other aspects of your relationship would pull it through and you'd be able to settle for a sex life you didn’t really want.

Or would you just cut your losses?

But then would you think it was a justifyable reason to break up with someone, and would you understand if someone broke up with you for this?

Just curious
bekahchu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would talk about it with the person concerned. I like people to be open-minded about everything, so if they weren't open-minded about sex then I doubt it'd work out.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im sexually incompatible with almost everyone.. whooo the joys of asexuality.

relationships are all about compromise. I'm one extreme, so id find it hard to be with someone at the other extreme, but it could work with someone in the middle
Yasmin2K8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well if it means you wouldnt enjoy that aspect of your relationship then cutting losses would be the option.
bekahchu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin2K8)
Well if it means you wouldnt enjoy that aspect of your relationship then cutting losses would be the option.
Remember sex isn't everything :p:

But I agree.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No.
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bekahchu)
Remember sex isn't everything :p:

But I agree.
Well im yet to find out lol

But if its a long term thing, its like half the relationship i would have thought
bete noire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
No.
This.
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bete noire)
This.
Agreed.
emmarainbow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, you can compromise to some extent - like if there are two very dominant/very submissive people in one relationship - you have sex to please the other as well as yourself, so you just have to deal with it and not have the perfect sex sometimes, while other times you win and you get what you want/need.

Ditto with sounddevestation; I'll find things difficult, but I'm sure I can cope with someone in the middle.
Aeana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think that people who are sexually incompatible can really go the distance. I mean, I don't think that two people have to enjoy exactly the same stuff. As long as they both have an open mind and are willing to experiment and try different things that their partner enjoys then I think it would work. A sexual relationship often requires compromises.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads