mwalshe89
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Simpily, i had an offer for CCC for my course at psmouth uni, the couse isnt very busy either... but due to some problems i had to drop my maths A-levels(i changed college and they didnt do the same exam board for my subject)

Anyways, after getting my computing to what i think is a C, i didnt do to well in my accounting exam, i think ive prob got a D... this wasent to the fact i didnt do the work, i just kinda went blank in the exam...

what do you guys think my chances are of getting in with CD(C/AS LEVEL) instead of CCC??

TIA
saxabojed
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If the course isn't that busy, and you are one grade under, then your chances aren't too bad, no one can say for certain. What you can do is check the course is not full on UCAS extra, talk to your personal tutor (if you have one), look at the university/depts policy regarding missed offers, and if you require confirmation contact the Undergraduate Admissions tutor for your course(remember to be polite it may come down to them deciding)

I hope you get the grades you need,
All the best
mwalshe89
Im three grades under technically, as one of my A-levels is now only a AS level at a C...

???
saxabojed
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ahh, I usually and UCAS write AS grades in lowercase, I wasn't sure what (C) meant :P sorry.

Hmm, This is really up to the university now, the fact that you don't have a full third A-level is not good, do you have any other AS, for example warwick accept (B)(B) instead of a B, if not I think its more likely that you won't be accepted on your course, sorry.
mwalshe89
i dont have any other AS grades, but im certian the reason i had to drop the AS wasent my fault, i only found out in feb that it wouldnt count... im sure my college would also verify this to the university??? is that any help??
mwalshe89
PS after checking extra, it shows places still available..
saxabojed
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The fact its on extra is a good sign. Like I say no one can know for sure, what you could do is ring/email the admissions tutor and explain the situation to them, tell them that you believe your college can verify the situation, and ask them direct whether they will still consider you for application.

This way you will know direct from the person in charge.
ma2k5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd say very high chance of getting in with even 2-3 grade slips.
saxabojed
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well possibly at that uni, but in general with 2-3 slips, I'd say any top 15 uni's your offer would be completely out of the question. I'd be interested as to whether your applying 2-3 generally or just for mwalshe89's uni?
mwalshe89
im applying for portsmouth on there Buisness Enterprise Development Course... Cheers guys for the advice, im going to email the admissions tutor now...

Thank You...
saxabojed
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep, thats what I've done for the tutor for my course, as I feel I may miss the offer, but its at a Top 5 Uni, so its likely to be alot more strict.

Like I said before, make sure its polite, to the point, and fully spell checked etc. The admissions tutor will most likely decide your situation on results day. You want to come across well before then.

Best o'luck
Holamigo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im in the same position
I need CCC
but i had to drop history in march so i have AS and points from jan A2 exam.. but didnt do very well to be honest.
and with the other 2 subjects im sitting.. maths and human biology im probably gonna come out with 2 D's ! But when i went on the open day the course leader said to me that if i didnt get the grade they would look more at the maths and human bio anyway because its a sciency type course. So do you think i have a chance of getting in??
supersam7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ma2k5)
I'd say very high chance of getting in with even 2-3 grade slips.
really?
ma2k5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by supersam7)
really?
Yes, depending on the uni/course.
alimatrixx
Report 11 years ago
I have been told i will have a place as long as i get a c in photography at leeds met, but im worried i will get a d, if i do will they still give me a place?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is the thread having a party to celebrate its birthday, and if so will there be cake?

:juno:
blondyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey there,

I psychology at portsmouth requires BBB. Yet i know people who have had uncondtional offers of BCD and BCC. Its a popular course.

So bascially, there is hope for you :-) as it seems portsmouth take quite a few people lower.
Also, my friends friend who goes to portsmouth said portsmouth take people in more or less if you get the grades or not.

You could ask 'Drongo' he did a thread on here called 'clearing 2007' and ask if its still in clearing.

Hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads