Does it matter when 'I LOVE YOU' is said? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Three months in to my relationship with my bf, he said 'I love my Emily'... I didn't reply back as his wording caught me off guard and I felt nervous and shy. We were at a very swanky restaurant, which was slightly intimidating, and so I guess I wasn't comfortable enough to say it especially as there were other people around.
The other thing, I guess, was that I felt like he didn't really know me well enough... I hadn't shared an awful lot with him by that point. We also hadn't done simple things like cuddling on a sofa together, sharing a night together, cooking together etc.

Throughout the following month I had planned to say it on numerous occasions but wasn't brave enough. He eventually said it again one month later. At this point we had done all of the things I mentioned above, and he had met my parents and gotten their approval.

Basically, I look back and regret not having said it the first time he did. I was even expecting it that night and had even planned to say it myself!

Am I being silly over nothing?
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #1
I just want to know
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yeah and no
I feel like "I love u" has been taken for granted today
Anonymous #1
??
I'mPooPoo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Yeah and no
I feel like "I love u" has been taken for granted today
What about “I hate you”?

(Original post by Anonymous)
Three months in to my relationship with my bf, he said 'I love my Emily'... I didn't reply back as his wording caught me off guard and I felt nervous and shy. We were at a very swanky restaurant, which was slightly intimidating, and so I guess I wasn't comfortable enough to say it especially as there were other people around.
The other thing, I guess, was that I felt like he didn't really know me well enough... I hadn't shared an awful lot with him by that point. We also hadn't done simple things like cuddling on a sofa together, sharing a night together, cooking together etc.

Throughout the following month I had planned to say it on numerous occasions but wasn't brave enough. He eventually said it again one month later. At this point we had done all of the things I mentioned above, and he had met my parents and gotten their approval.

Basically, I look back and regret not having said it the first time he did. I was even expecting it that night and had even planned to say it myself!

Am I being silly over nothing?
In a relationship one person may realise they love the other person at different times. Some people may know instantly while it may take others a while. There’s no right or wrong answer but you should only say “I love you” to somebody when you mean it. Otherwise like Humblebee said it can lose its meaning. If you do love him then only say it when you’re comfortable and feel the moment is right.
Last edited by I'mPooPoo; 4 days ago
YaliaV
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think a lot of people say it because they feel like they ought to or because they want to be in love. There’s no point saying it until you’re ready. You can’t really love someone until you get to know them but there are no rules as such. I think you’re beating yourself up over nothing. Relax.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by I'mPooPoo)
What about “I hate you”?
Yep. I say that to my siblings for the most pettiest reasons
I'mPooPoo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Yep. I say that to my siblings for the most pettiest reasons
When it comes to siblings though you should always go for the critical insults that destroys them. :teehee:
Rawr789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Why are you making another thread about this? If you're as worried as you're making out to be, just go to your bf and talk to him about it.
Anonymous #1
bump
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
oh wow
it's you again, you keep thinking into this stuff wayyyyy too much
you cant change the past
----_----
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
personally I've just seen them as words so I've never given a **** too much. my boyfriend cared a lot more about when he said it. I was never too bothered but idk depends on the relationship but it's fine like honestly.
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by I'mPooPoo)
When it comes to siblings though you should always go for the critical insults that destroys them. :teehee:
I'm an affectionate big sister though
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Bump
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Bump
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Then don't say it back if you don't truly love him yet. It's worse lying about it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Bump
Adz2042
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Bump
It's been a day and you've already bumped this post up a lot.
1) you're over-thinking this too much.
2) 'Love' is a huge topic. Don't say something if you don't truly mean it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (68)
17.35%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
63.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.1%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed