AS Grades from ACD to ABC, is it possible? Watch

laylaflames
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, I recently received my AS grades with an A for Biology 9700 , C for Chemistry 9701 and a D for Mathematics 9709 (Paper 1 and Paper 6). Can I work on my Paper 4 & 5 for Chemistry for a B grade at A levels for Chemistry, and a B or C grade for Mathematics? Should I re sit for Mathematics? Need advice thank you, I would really like to aim for an ABB/ABC for my full A levels
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by laylaflames)
Hi, I recently received my AS grades with an A for Biology 9700 , C for Chemistry 9701 and a D for Mathematics 9709 (Paper 1 and Paper 6). Can I work on my Paper 4 & 5 for Chemistry for a B grade at A levels for Chemistry, and a B or C grade for Mathematics? Should I re sit for Mathematics? Need advice thank you, I would really like to aim for an ABB/ABC for my full A levels
Can you let me know what percentage score did you get?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SahasRenuja
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Without the percentage its hard to decide; but if you are in the middle of a grade it should be able to increase it into the next
laylaflames
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by SahasRenuja)
Without the percentage its hard to decide; but if you are in the middle of a grade it should be able to increase it into the nexIt
It is 60 for Chemistry and a 54 for Mathematics
Switch01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Dont bother with remarks, just resit, that math wont change unless you are positive they mightve messed up
laylaflames
Rep:
?
(Original post by esrever)
Can you let me know what percentage score did you get?
It was 54 for Mathematics and 60 for Chemistry!
laylaflames
Rep:
?
(Original post by Switch01)
Dont bother with remarks, just resit, that math wont change unless you are positive they mightve messed up
Alright, I should be able to re sit for my mathematics thank you for the advice!
esrever
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by laylaflames)
It was 54 for Mathematics and 60 for Chemistry!
Also let me know the component codes (like 12,22,32 etc.). I can let you know the exact scores that you need to achieve in A levels if you would like to achieve a specific grade.
laylaflames
Rep:
?
Also let me know the component codes (like 12,22,32 etc.). I can let you know the exact scores that you need to achieve in A levels if you would like to achieve a specific grade.
My component codes for AS Chemistry were 12, 22 and 34, got a 60 on that. I am likely to sit for 42 and 52 for A2 in Oct/Nov. As for Mathematics it was 13 and 63, and it should be 33 and 73 for A2. I'm certain I need to re sit for Mathematics if I needed a change in that grade, but am still unsure about Chemistry. I'm planning to focus on my A2 in Chemistry to push a grade higher but I don't know if that is possible. Thanks!
Last edited by laylaflames; 4 days ago
esrever
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You got 68/130 in chemistry (it's a low C). For B, you need to achieve somewhere between 110/130 and 120/130 in A levels.

You got 70/125 in mathematics. You need somewhere between 75/125 and 85/125 in A levels to achieve a C and somewhere between 100/125 and 110/125 to achieve a B in A levels.

Note that these are just estimates and actual values may vary. Talk to your teachers before taking any action.
laylaflames
Rep:
?
You got 68/130 in chemistry (it's a low C). For B, you need to achieve somewhere between 110/130 and 120/130 in A levels.

You got 70/125 in mathematics. You need somewhere between 75/125 and 85/125 in A levels to achieve a C and somewhere between 100/125 and 110/125 to achieve a B in A levels.

Note that these are just estimates and actual values may vary. Talk to your teachers before taking any action.
Thank you so much for the help, and yes I will be talking to my teachers in a bit. Hopefully I will be able to work out a plan before the Oct/Nov A levels registration deadline. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.77%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (312)
64.46%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.75%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.02%

Watched Threads