Freaking out a bit too much but my ex still has loads of pics of her ex on Facebook Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
They were together 3 years and were engaged but we have only been dating a few weeks and are very close but I havent asked her yet about how they broke up. I do know they were engaged and he proposed to her after planning a picnic in the Lake District and they had a mortgage on a house together and the breakup was a bit bitter.

It just seems she still thinks about him a lot which to be fair they only broke up about 3 months ago and I know she likes me but it seems part of her still loves him and part of her misses him.

She has id say at least 50 pictures of him but they arent first page photos out of about 500 pics of her hes in the last 50 or so but they are ones where they look lovey dovey i.e arms round each other, meal with the parents etc.

Im just an emotional person lol sorry.
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why does it matter if she's already your ex anyway?
Anonymous #1
my gf has pics of her ex DOH!
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
why would she delete those pics?

It's nothing to worry about.
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh and meal with the parents, so what? those pics document a time in her life or whatever. I think you are worrying over nothing.
Aeana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I have pictures of my ex on my facebook account and it means absolutely nothing. If you're really worried try talking to her about it and asking her how she really feels. Maybe she needs to just talk about her ex before she can move on. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the facebook pics though.
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
so shes in photos with him on facebook, she prob doesnt care to delete them, as shes prob tagged in them herself. its when she sets one of them as her profile picture, maybe then ask a few questions
Pheonixx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've got pis on facebook of 4 ex's at the moment (spanning 3 years)
it means nothing
Anonymous #1
(Original post by randomgirl)
oh and meal with the parents, so what? those pics document a time in her life or whatever. I think you are worrying over nothing.
Im not worried as such its more that I wish she didnt have them on facebook as its a reminder of a past that is gone, strangely I feel different over digital and printed pictures.

If she had them as old fashioned prints stored in a cupboard thats fine but digital and online means they are easily there.

What im "worried" about is her looking at the pics and getting upset over the past or using them to compare us.
Aeana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can understand what you mean and why you may be slightly worried. However, just because they are on there doesn't mean she's going to stare at them longingly or compare you both. Photographs are just a snapshot that help us to remember where we've been, why we've been there and why we won't go there again :p:
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im not worried as such its more that I wish she didnt have them on facebook as its a reminder of a past that is gone, strangely I feel different over digital and printed pictures.

If she had them as old fashioned prints stored in a cupboard thats fine but digital and online means they are easily there.

What im "worried" about is her looking at the pics and getting upset over the past or using them to compare us.
It sounds like you are projecting your own insecurities onto the photo thing.
Maybe she hasn't even thought about the fact she has pics of him on her facebook? I mean it's not exactly something people think about that often

If you are scared that she will compare you then it's not the fact she has the pics, it's the fact that you are just insecure/doubting yourself etc. Ok so she was with this guy for three years, a long time, granted, but they broke up for a reason. She is with you know and if she didn't want to be with you, why would you bother giving you the time of day? I think you are stressing over the whole photo thing too much and perhaps using it as a way of projecting your insecurities.

It's entirely natural to be jealous at times, but at the same time, it is somewhat irrational. Just try and accept that yes your gf does have a long term ex and yes she does have pics of him on her facebook, but so what? She is with you now. And that is evidently what matters most.

All I can suggest is either try and overcome this without telling your girlfriend, after all it is a rather undesirable trait/characteristic. Or be honest with her and hope she understands your concerns. Hope you get it sorted.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by randomgirl)
It sounds like you are projecting your own insecurities onto the photo thing.
Maybe she hasn't even thought about the fact she has pics of him on her facebook? I mean it's not exactly something people think about that often

If you are scared that she will compare you then it's not the fact she has the pics, it's the fact that you are just insecure/doubting yourself etc. Ok so she was with this guy for three years, a long time, granted, but they broke up for a reason. She is with you know and if she didn't want to be with you, why would you bother giving you the time of day? I think you are stressing over the whole photo thing too much and perhaps using it as a way of projecting your insecurities.

It's entirely natural to be jealous at times, but at the same time, it is somewhat irrational. Just try and accept that yes your gf does have a long term ex and yes she does have pics of him on her facebook, but so what? She is with you now. And that is evidently what matters most.

All I can suggest is either try and overcome this without telling your girlfriend, after all it is a rather undesirable trait/characteristic. Or be honest with her and hope she understands your concerns. Hope you get it sorted.
Mainly it was just before we went out and were checking each other out by questions she would say "in what way are you romantic, my ex took me on a picnic to the lake distric and proposed" what would you do.

Cant remember too much of what she said but there was a few comparisons made.
Tommy The Cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can definitely see why you would feel upset about this, you've just got to realise though that the pictures don't mean anything. It's hard, and I know it's harder when people say you should just get over it etc, but just keep going and you'll get to a point where it doesn't bother you anymore! I used to get upset about things like this all the time with my girlfriend! Hope this helps! Tommy
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Mainly it was just before we went out and were checking each other out by questions she would say "in what way are you romantic, my ex took me on a picnic to the lake distric and proposed" what would you do.

Cant remember too much of what she said but there was a few comparisons made.
everyone compares their last partner to their new one, especailly as youve only been going out for a few weeks, she was with that guy for over 3years, he was her life so its onna be a while before shes fully over him and she will make comparisons but thats not a bad thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads