The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
lol i hate wiki complex language!
Reply 3
yeah.
for a while I was like "i'm only constantly bored because I'm poor and at uni", then I thought to myself "hang on, what will change when I have money? I'll still be constantly bored because nothing interests me anymore"

so yeah
Reply 4
dude that woz so true, even thought my parents are ''well off'' i wouldnt even know what to do wiv the money.. ok people wud say buy a ferrari who cares its a car gets you from A to b
Reply 5
yeah exactly man.
I was like "yeah I'll buy a big TV and great sound system and whatnot".

The sound system is probably a good idea because I still enjoy listening to music, but I never watch TV so a big TV is pointless.

Then I was like "why not learn an instrument" so I've taught myself to play a few, but I'm bored of that too, and can't really thing of anything else that might interest me.
Reply 6
thats true i like football no i love football, but i doubt ill make it pro too much competition wudnt get recognized etc etc, so what else to do eh
Reply 7
it doesn't really bother me though.
that's the thing.
It doesn't upset me or annoy me or make me happy or sad, I have no strong feelings either way about it.

It's like I've just run out of emotions
Yeah I'm kinda drifting

Doing nothing

Feeling nothing

Is that what you guys are talking about?
Reply 9
I think so?

I AM still at uni, but only because I'm TRYING to find a motive in life
munn
it doesn't really bother me though.
that's the thing.
It doesn't upset me or annoy me or make me happy or sad, I have no strong feelings either way about it.

It's like I've just run out of emotions

I have felt that way too. I know someone just said that they dont like the wiki's language but read this up and see you match the description :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalisation
Reply 11
I feel like, in the end I'm going to die, So what's the point. I suppose not wasting the time I have is a good start. There's so much in the world to see and do, might as well make the most of it and just do as many things and get loads of experience, even if it is for nothing. At least you can say you enjoyed it.
Reply 12
munn
I think so?

I AM still at uni, but only because I'm TRYING to find a motive in life

:ditto: I'm just at uni to do 'something', I have no real passion in life.
Reply 13
I have two main motives in life. In order:

To help others/improve the lives of other people.
To be happy.
Reply 14
Maybe you guys should look at "how blessed you are". I was going thro this same thing n a guy told "Count your blessings" n I was like "What blessings??" (I'm from middle class family). That night I saw a video by unesco, it showed that in Africa(excluding S.Africa) every year students pass out of school without having seen computer in their life. Even if they have computer science as part of curriculam it would be theory class on whats computer. then I realized I'm blessed.

Start appreciating everything & Like the above poster has told, look to improve others life.

Set yourself a goal.

The goal need not by monetary. It can be anything like you ll teach X illiterates to read & write within Ydays.

Work towards the goal and you will find life is interesting.

And another thing staying online for long hours only makes you feel even more depressed

P.S. Sorry if u found it boring, thought it might help you.
Last Kiss
:ditto: I'm just at uni to do 'something', I have no real passion in life.

no, you just haven't FOUND your passion in life. you should read more. it might help with that.
Reply 16
cpj1987
I have two main motives in life. In order:

To help others/improve the lives of other people.
To be happy.

to be help others will mean risking your own life style and money, to be happy were all happy but have we got true motives in life?! thats what were on about here.
Reply 18
How about we all group up together create something great and take over the world :smile: and see how that plans out!?
I find it hard! Especially during the past year because I'd already been accepted into uni (I don't live in the UK) so I had no reason to study or work hard. It sucks when you have no motive. I think usually when you have slightly stricter parents or when your parents have high expectations you tend to work harder. But if you don't have a passion for what you do and you don't have proper goals or aims it becomes really hard.
So I guess you just need to set out goals for or self, both short and long term, and work on achieving them.

Latest