Lost in life Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
2019 hasn't been a great year for me. I've broken up with my boyfriend of 5 years and I still cry about it ,even tho I try to keep myself busy, and feel like **** 6 months later. After that, 2 family members were diagnosed with cancer, 1 close friend too and I've been dealing with probably minor disagreements that are pushing me down again every day. I want to be able to stop my overthinking, keep me from boring my closest friends with my issues, making my family worried and stoping my ex from feeling bad about our break up(there were no fights really). But after all these, I think I lost my self, my goals and my will to try new things. I see a psychologist once a week but I'm still not seeing any difference in the way I feel about the future but I'm not even 20 yet. I've been told I'm more mature than the rest of people at my age. The way I see it tho is that I am extremely scared of being left alone. And it's extremely hard for me to put myself as my top priority. The most important thing for me is love and family and I might be too young to worry that noone will ever love me enough. Honestly, I feel like something inside me is broken and don't know how to fix it. I keep pushing people away with my current mental health problems.. I can't let go of the past and maybe the situation of ,at least my ex coming and leaving again, doesn't help. I keep telling myself that I don't deserve this but still , I care about him and love him way more than I love myself. We were not like all the other couples, as far as I can see. He was loving, caring showing his emotions to me and to everyone else, always there for me giving me courage. My happiest self was with him. I feel like there are a lot of girls like me out there, but not a lot of guys,men , to make me feel that greatful again. I thought I was lucky I found him so early...I know it's going to get better but till then I'm terrified and trying to find the happy me again. I don't wonna go back to university, away from my family, and still be such a mess... And I certainly want to re-build my goals and life expectations beyond just being happy with my so. I have no idea what job I'm going to follow and my mind just keeps doing circles trying to find answers and solutions. Don't know what I'm expecting from you guys. Maybe someone to tell me that they made it through times like that and now have a successful, happy life. I really don't know... Don't just tell me get over him . I know . And I am trying 🤷
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Interrobang; 5 days ago
Rumaysaa_18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If you work on your mental health then you will be able to start a new life by going back to uni, get a job and spend time with your family and friends.Eventually you will get over him with time.You are very strong to have gone through all this in a year.Don't give up on yourself
Last edited by Rumaysaa_18; 5 days ago
Random234
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I was depressed for on and off periods of time from 13 to 17 and I felt very hopeless. What caused a change in my thought process is believing in God’s word. Even though I had no idea what to do with my life as I was so depressed, I remembered: “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;”
**Philippians‬ *4:6‬ *NKJV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/114/php.4.6.nkjv

To me this means that we can leave our problems with God to take the weight off ourselves. I think the “with thanksgiving” part means that we should tell God our problems whilst being happy in advance believing that it will get better.

I was cured of depression and anxiety when I began to rely on God, I’ve never seen a psychologist or anything before yet the depression of been feeling started to leave me, I began to feel happy as I was praying about my problems, it was weird for me to understand at the time because I was a bit skeptic about these things, but before I knew it I was functioning normally again. (Defiantly carry on your therapy sessions if you feel like you need to though!)

I also found “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
**Jeremiah‬ *29:11‬ *NKJV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/114/jer.29.11.nkjv really helpful. God has a plan for you, just ask for guidance, if you’re struggling with something, pray and tell God about how you’re feeling.

I know this might sound really weird if you’re not a Christian already, I didn’t believe that praying worked until I let go of my own thoughts for a minute and focused on God and his word.

I use the app “Bible” on the App Store: Name:  01E079CF-8018-4133-BD6E-810CCAE395FE.jpg.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  22.3 KB

It has a section dedicated to how you’re feeling at the time with relevant scriptures for encouragement. You can also find testimonies from people that have been through similar things in life to you and read about how they dealt with being in their situation.

Jesus loves you and you, the feeling of being broken and empty is a void that only God can fill, I didn’t even realise that that was what it was until I turned to him. After that, the feeling of hopelessness and emptiness literally went away.

I hope you see this you are trying, keep going, you can do this but rely on God for strength and guidance, it’s really helped me out of an awful time.

Name:  9BE992FA-3D4F-43E2-A4C2-59F54A9149C0.jpg.jpeg
Views: 3
Size:  19.7 KBName:  D4F2C646-CEE9-4D04-8271-33BEAEFB6B01.jpg.jpeg
Views: 3
Size:  11.4 KB

Songs like this have really helped me too:

https://youtu.be/CzJYu1NsCOk

https://youtu.be/7JXFg5KEoXg

✨ hope you find this helpful ❤️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%