WildBerrySpirit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Apologies if this already been asked before, but I’d really appreciate some advice on the topic at hand.

I initially intended to apply to university next year as a mature student, having already completed my A levels a few years ago. However, I’ve come across a course on clearing that I’d really like to go for.

Is it at all possible to enter clearing without using UCAS?

Although I have no qualms with completing the application, I can categorically say I won’t be able to obtain references soon enough.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
Apologies if this already been asked before, but I’d really appreciate some advice on the topic at hand.

I initially intended to apply to university next year as a mature student, having already completed my A levels a few years ago. However, I’ve come across a course on clearing that I’d really like to go for.

Although I have no qualms with completing the application, I can categorically say I won’t be able to obtain references soon enough.
Hello!

If you would like to apply for September you can apply direct to the university and through clearing (not UCAS).

Be sure to have transcripts for your A levels and GCSEs (if required for the course) and I'm sure the university can take you through the process in good time.

In addition to this be sure to apply for student finance sooner than later so you don't have a delay with any required payments!

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Some unis will let you apply without going through UCAS, using something called a "RPA"- however, not all unis will do this, so it would be worth ringing the uni to see if they will do this.

You can also apply via UCAS without references, which many unis will accept in clearing.

I'd suggest contacting the uni in question to see which option they'd prefer.

Good luck!
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hey WildBerrySpirit,

Why not apply through UCAS anyway as it won't still tie you to anything? And for references, you could always call up the Uni in question and mention this to see if this would be an issue at all? It might not be so don't be worried. Good luck with your application

Chirasree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads