Should we lock up young offenders? Watch

ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jabbamuffin)
Build a man made island, dump them there and let them destroy their own community and not ours.
*Cough* Australia.

(Original post by jointhedots)
Because clearly that would do our armed forces the power of good, without discrediting people who choose to join the army as a career in the slightest.
Well when you look at it, a lot of those in the armed forces lack good qualifications, come from broken/deprive backgrounds, etc. Most people who have a choice (whether it's qualifications, money, power, etc) go elsewhere. Would you enrol for target practice at less than £15K a year with little or no government support?

I'd say it would be one of the best places for them, instil discipline, a community/team working ethos, provide them with skills and training to help them support themselves on the outside, instil a sense of respect for others, etc, attributes which many of our generation lack.

Plus these issues with society seem to have increased since the dissolution of compulsory national service. I know, many more factors come to play like lack of discipline in a familial situation, cultural attitudes, etc, but it has contributed to our present state of society.
worldsonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my teacher joined the armed forces
chriise
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
lock them up. force them to be educated. if they dont pass the exams keep them locked up until they do.

also. lock up the parents aswel, see if they can also pass some exams. teach them how to keep children after making them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.73%
No (153)
74.27%

Watched Threads