What was your first job and how much did it pay? Watch

sly_southafrican
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Bar/stall at the Christmas Markets.
£8ph the first year. Second year they told me every time you come back to us we'll add 50p

Plan on working there again this year, which should be at £9ph
Biscoffeater
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
TA for and 11+ tuition company. £6.50 and hour for my first year then £7 for my second year (year 12 and then year 13)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by batter mix)
Almost everyone I know my age has had a job of some sorts. I am an anomaly, not lucky 😂
most jobs are horrible. Most places they want you working like speedy gonzalez, basically as fast as humanly possible and kick up a massive fuss or sack you if you don't.

working faster is basically a lowkey way of making you do more work, as the work just keeps on coming.

in jobs like admin also. if people leave they often take forever replacing them and just try and dump their workload on the remaining staff, and ofcourse they expect you to finish it all, or else...

the 9 to 5. you wake up early in the morning to get to work, come home in the evening. you watch tv, have dinner. by time you're feeling ok and have unwound a little it's 8pm. day basically over. wake up at 6am and the whole cycle starts again. Sometimes due to stress, you don't unwind. You know you've got xzy that you didn't manage to finish because your boss laboured you with a ridiclous amount of work to do. He's gonna be pissed tommorow. Am I gonna still have a job at the end of the month?

X this by 5 days a week in a row.
friday evening comes and you go home. it takes you like a day to recover from the working week. it's now saturday evening. there's a reason far more people go for a night out on saturday rather than friday, it's because they're still wacked out from work.

after you've recovered, you get only about a day and halfs true rest because it's monday morning, and look it's 6am the cycle starts again......
Enginerd.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ANM775)
most jobs are horrible. Most places they want you working like speedy gonzalez, basically as fast as humanly possible and kick up a massive fuss or sack you if you don't.

working faster is basically a lowkey way of making you do more work, as the work just keeps on coming.

in jobs like admin also. if people leave they often take forever replacing them and just try and dump their workload on the remaining staff, and ofcourse they expect you to finish it all, or else...

the 9 to 5. you wake up early in the morning to get to work, come home in the evening. you watch tv, have dinner. by time you're feeling ok and have unwound a little it's 8pm. day basically over. wake up at 6am and the whole cycle starts again. Sometimes due to stress, you don't unwind. You know you've got xzy that you didn't manage to finish because your boss laboured you with a ridiclous amount of work to do. He's gonna be pissed tommorow. Am I gonna still have a job at the end of the month?

X this by 5 days a week in a row.
friday evening comes and you go home. it takes you like a day to recover from the working week. it's now saturday evening. there's a reason far more people go for a night out on saturday rather than friday, it's because they're still wacked out from work.

after you've recovered, you get only about a day and halfs true rest because it's monday morning, and look it's 6am the cycle starts again......
A depressing reality for most people unfortunately.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fresher18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
First Casual Job when I was in Sixth Form was a student helper for an after school club and I think the pay was around £6-7ph, first proper job where I had set hours was Sainsbury's and around the £8ph mark but left the day before everyones pay went up to £9.20ph 😡
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (15)
16.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
14.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (22)
24.44%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (33)
36.67%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.11%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.67%