unconditional offers Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was just wondering what the uni looks for when making an unconditional offer, and how likely it is that it has to be a firm choice to be unconditional. The other unis I'm applying to seem to make fewer unconditional offers, so I figured this is a better place to ask.
eilish1903
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
a lot of unis now tend to offer conditional unconditional offers, meaning they will make your offer unconditional if you put them as their firm. In order for this to happen you tend to need to have predicted grades above their grade entry and a strong personal statement. There are some universities that will offer an unconditional even if you don't put them as their firm, but that tends to come from lower ranked unis who need their seats filled. For example, I was predicted BBC in my a levels and was offered an unconditional for a biochemistry degree at a uni who's grade entry requirements were CCD (I actual got asked by the person interviewing me why I lowered my standards and he told me he hadn't even read my personal statement because based on my grades alone he knew I could count on an unconditional offer coming through on my way home) I also know someone who got offered an unconditional and sports scholarship for an economics degree at Aberyswyth (or however you spell it) with no interview whatsoever because his application was so strong and he was predicted all As. It really does depend on the uni and your application
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by eilish1903; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%