I feel like a failure and a retard Watch

BizzFrog22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I feel like a failure when it comes to the exams that I’m gonna do and fail it and not get anywhere en. just feel like total dumb because I don’t know what I’m doing with revision or even it’s working. I don’t know if I understand anything anymore

Maybe I should of left college when I had the choice :/ I don’t even know how I got the grades I did with GCSEs and shocked it wasn’t all Us

I just really wish I knew how to revise and knew it was actually working :/
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by BizzFrog22; 1 week ago
LostLioness
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
First of all: try and stop the negative self-talk. I know that we students all like to put ourselves down and say we are "dumb" or stupid and whatnot because it is kind of 'trendy' at the moment to do that. However, it really isn't good for the long-term. Be kind to yourself and be practical about your problems instead of resorting to self-hating.

Have you tried the different ways of revision? These personally help me the most:
- reading and rereading the content
- writing 'notes' , as in writing what you understand. They don't have to be pretty!
- Teach someone else. I don't like torturing others with my nonsense so I speak out loud in my room.
Last edited by LostLioness; 1 week ago
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
(Original post by LostLioness)
First of all: try and stop the negative self-talk. I know that we students all like to bash ourselves and say we are "dumb" or stupid or whatnot because it is kind of 'trendy to do that. However, it really isn't good for the long-term. Be kind to yourself and be practical about your problems instead of resorting to self-hating.

Have you tried the different ways of revision? These help me personally the most:
- reading and rereading the content
- writing 'notes' , as in writing what you understand. They don't have to be pretty!
- Teach someone else. I don't like torturing others with my nonsense so I speak out loud in my room.
I just don’t know what I’m doing with note taking and blurting and only thing Ik how to do is past papers and flash cards
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BizzFrog22)
I just don’t know what I’m doing with note taking and blurting and only thing Ik how to do is past papers and flash cards
I don't want to pretend I understand your issue entirely; but do you think perhaps all the hype about "notes" is making you anxious? You might think that the notes or your method of revising has to be what everyone else is doing. If so, calm yourself down and take a deep breath.
What year are you in?
How have you been revising so far?
What kind of grades are you getting when you revise like this?
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
I don't want to pretend I understand your issue entirely; but do you think perhaps all the hype about "notes" is making you anxious? You might think that the notes or your method of revising has to be what everyone else is doing. If so, calm yourself down and take a deep breath.
What year are you in?
How have you been revising so far?
What kind of grades are you getting when you revise like this?
I am in college studying BTEC information and creative technology but I need to get at least two merits to pass otherwise I fail the whole course. First of all I was just doing past papers but people were saying you can’t just use past papers. So tried blurting and blurting isn’t really working because I can’t remember what I’m reading.

Most of time has been spend filling In my workbook and revision guide but I’m still struggling to remember anything.

Notes I just don’t know how to take them because my revision guide looks like this so I don’t really know how to note it Attachment 841648
yousman3357
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, you have just admitted that you are worth more than you think !

You stated that “you don’t know how you got the grades in GCSE”
Which means that you are clever, but you don’t know that you are.
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
(Original post by yousman3357)
Well, you have just admitted that you are worth more than you think !

You stated that “you don’t know how you got the grades in GCSE”
Which means that you are clever, but you don’t know that you are.
I don’t know if you call Fs and Gs clever 😂😂😂😂
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BizzFrog22)
First of all I was just doing past papers but people were saying you can’t just use past papers. So tried blurting and blurting isn’t really working because I can’t remember what I’m reading.
Was doing past papers working for you though? It is nice to hear about what works for "people" but there is no real point in exhausting yourself with their methods if they are not working for you and are clearly making you upset.
yousman3357
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you revise ?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try the cornell method, although no idea what stage of education you are at.
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Try the cornell method, although no idea what stage of education you are at.
I am in college doing level 2 this year
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
(Original post by yousman3357)
Did you revise ?
All I did past papers but it didn’t work
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
Was doing past papers working for you though? It is nice to hear about what works for "people" but there is no real point in exhausting yourself with their methods if they are not working for you and are clearly making you upset.
Nope because I can’t remember the content which makes me fail in mocks :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%