Which college should I choose for lancaster Watch

iadam_2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi guys,
Im choosing which college to stay in for first year computer science at lancaster, any recommendations on where to stay? I want to also be close relatively close to the gym. also, what buildings would i be frequently inside of as a computer science student e.g. lectures, seminars, computer clusters,
thanks in advance
Davy611
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Fylde and Grizedale are closest to the gym (at the sports centre). The spine is easy to navigate and even if you were up in County, it would only be ten minutes walk.
iadam_2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Thanks
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hello! Thought I'd chuck some insight here as an assistant, I did computer science in my first year, and the buildings we had our lectures and seminars in were generally either nearest to Bowland, or Fylde/Furness college. I ended up living in Cartmel for three years on campus, so if you don't mind a ten-fifteen minute walk to head up to a lecture or lab session, the college won't affect you too much! I came on an Open Day thinking we were going to be taught in the Infolab

That being said, if you want somewhere a bit closer to the Sports centre and the centre of campus in general, you can't go wrong with Bowland, Fylde or Grizedale! Once you get into second year, and potentially move into Lancaster town, you'll find the trek around campus will be nothing in no time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19
  • Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (74)
17.79%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (265)
63.7%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.81%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.7%

Watched Threads