How rare is that an Arts student get placed in DRA at St. Andrews uni? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How rare is it?

I’m an arts student (Economics) and I’ve just been allocated to DRA!

Science students will be fine because it is quite close. But an economics student! It’s really end to end.
la_banane_verte
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's a huge hall, it's not rare at all. Also to castlecliffe, it's max 30min walk, <10 min cycle, or there's the 92 bus if you can't walk/cycle.

Your lectures/tuts might not necessarily be in castlecliffe either, it depends on how big the classes are.
Pfalzgraf
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I spent three years in DRA walking to arts lectures in the centre of town; you'll miss the free exercise and fresh air when you leave! (and as la_banane_verte says, it's no great distance - certainly less than you'd have to travel in most non-campus unis)

Also, your subject has no bearing on which accommodation you get allocated.
Last edited by Pfalzgraf; 1 week ago
Stella98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was put in DRA at first (Philosophy student), called them and was moved to Sallies
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Stella98)
I was put in DRA at first (Philosophy student), called them and was moved to Sallies
how on earth did you pull that one off? i've been following this issue for St Andrews Freshers for years and they have always stubbornly refused to do that... unless you found someone from Sallies who wanted DRA?!
Stella98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
how on earth did you pull that one off? i've been following this issue for St Andrews Freshers for years and they have always stubbornly refused to do that... unless you found someone from Sallies who wanted DRA?!
Nope, I have no idea why they agreed. I'd put ensuite self catered as my second to last preference (that's what they offered me originally) and told them that I really wanted to be catered and in town. I was asked which hall I wanted instead, I told them I was open to any of the town halls, though I did quite like Sallies. At first I was told that Sallies was impossible because of all the competition to get a room there and I said that was fine, I just wanted to be catered in one of the town halls. The next day I was told I was in Sallies, guess I just got lucky 🤷🏾*♀️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.36%
Excited (163)
9.33%
Worried (308)
17.63%
Terrified (386)
22.1%
Meh (180)
10.3%
Confused (37)
2.12%