Have you struggled with job hunting after graduation? Watch

Danni:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Since I graduated two years ago I have such a massive confidence drop. I applied for loads of jobs related to my undergrad (Building Surveying) but when I started my degree I never really wanted to be a Building Surveyor, I just knew I wanted to be in property and helping people. My degree only really prepared you for one career in one sector. I applied for loads of Building & propertyjobs and had two interviews. Then I realised it wasn't even what I wanted to do and I was becoming far more interested in Environmental issues. After I'd been graduated a year, still having not gotten a full time job I started sliding and ended up really depressed. I'm doing alot better now but still have anxiety over applying for jobs and being rejected.

Hve youstruggled with finding emploment after uni?
ineedtorevise127
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am in a similar position. Graduated few years back. Couldn't find a job over a year was working retail job that time didn't tell them i was a graduate. But then last year exactly found something better. Thought it is not graduate level it is something much better and less stress than retail. And the wages are better but not great. I got the job through a temp agency they gave me a 18 month contract with this local authority.

I am happy that I found something but it is still not the level I desired I.e. graduate level. I am confident I can progress eventually within a year to do something better. Hopefully it works out

I suggest you take any job that gives experience. Temping agencies can be helpful

Good luck!
DuckDodgers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yep, it's coming up to a year since I finished my master's degree. In that time I've had a temp job that lasted three months and another one which lasted a month. I don't feel anxious or depressed, mostly fed up with dealing with ongoing levels of crap. Burnt out I guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%