What do you miss most about your childhood? Watch

malleablegrace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by cpearson)
Top of the Pops, old school Gladiators and watching Man O Man with my mum.
You're the only other person I know who did this!
I think we're soulmates :^_^: hahah
Man O Man ftw!
thyssen1207
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A time where I could be myself, have all the time in the world, have genuine fun and enjoy the basic and simple things in life.
cpearson
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by malleablegrace)
Man O Man ftw!
I can't find man o man clips anywhere, just US versions of it. Used to be so cool though, women letching over men haha.
SarahhhD
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Man O Man ftw!
was that the show with the line of men which the woman used to push in the pool?
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Everything!

Not having to worry about a thing.

School - it was so much fun when I was little! Playing in the sandpit, the water box, the playground and the climbing frames, running around in the summer.

I never play out anymore In the summer the most I ever do is sit in the front garden for a while with a drink, it's ridiculous! Back when you're little you spend summer days playing frisbee, splashing in the paddling pool, running around in the garden.

I really miss being excited about birthdays and Christmas That feeling, on the morning of your birthday, was the best thing in the world, it's indescribable, that "Oh my gosh it's my BIRTHDAY!" excitement when you wake up. Now I dread my birthdays, feel no excitement at all about them and they're never much cop. You know you're getting old and depressed when you lose that birthday feeling

When you're little you've got something to look forward to, you're excited about getting older. When you're actually older, you feel miserable seeing your life pass by so quickly and uneventfully.

Then there's all the music, tv shows, kids' magazines...aww I miss it all so much!
forgottenromeo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No A-levels
Mantha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Smtv
Gemma_08
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
- Not having to worry about my future.

- Building dens and forts with my best friend next door.

- Ditto what Mantha said, SMTV.

- Building ant farms, and worm farms and snail hospitals.

- Climbing trees and swinging from rope.

GAH! I want my childhood back
Absinth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No responsibilities, free time to paint, draw, write, make things, go to parks, funfairs, zoos and stuff. :embarasse
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not living in england.
Fran Katzenjammer
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not having to wear a bra... or anything at all if I was young enough and the mood took me.
cpearson
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SarahhhD)
was that the show with the line of men which the woman used to push in the pool?
yep.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Man O Man ftw!
I used to watch Man O Man and Gladiators as well!

I also miss good kids TV, the lack of worries and the general excitement about everything. Playing outside on bikes and going to the park was also a lot of fun
claireythepinkfairy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
being a child was great
i miss the feeling of it being the last day of school and looking forward to what seemed like an eternity...
how going to the beach was the most amazing thing in the world
how you would look forward to things for weeks even the smallest things like a tea party and everytime you thik about it you get butterflies in your stomach
being able to wear what ever you like and not care what anyone thinks
how the nothing seemed dangerous, you could trust everyone.
going to the swimming pool and playing with floats.. if i did that now i would get some WEIRD looks.
running everywhere without getting tired.. im so unfit now
looking forward to the adventures of the next day ... now all i have to look forward to tomorrow is revision, work etc.
awwww theres loads

i swear also when ever i rememeber my childhood its ALWAYS sunny... unless it was a snow day
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
didn't have a care in the world.

sigh.
sdt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
What do you miss most about your childhood?

Less problems, less responsibilities, less works, and you could just mess around.

:tsr2:
You could feel every female's arse. Now it's all this "sexual harrasment" hoo haa and "restraining order" twaddle. Hmph.
weet_ABI_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not having to revise. I swear I never worked for longer than about ten minutes at a time in my life until about six months ago. Good times.

I also really miss my sister being a baby, those were good fun times, it was just like a REAL toy. At 13 she is not as easy to manipulate, sigh.

Oh and I miss the fact you could for science just know the order of the planets and that humans breathe oxygen and be the cleverest person in the class.
Viridis
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not having to think about anything in the future related to career/education etc.
sdt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by weet_ABI_x)
Oh and I miss the fact you could for science just know the order of the planets and that humans breathe oxygen and be the cleverest person in the class.
Too true! But that's no ego boost.
malleablegrace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SarahhhD)
That's the one!

They had that really muscly guy at the end who used to flex his pecs

And the guys had to try it and they looked bloody stupid

And and and the winner usually won a motorbike or something

Gladiators... well, that was just equally legendary.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads