CPR/SFE/alternative funding Watch

Nickeh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

Looking for some advice regarding Compelling personal reasons and alternative tuition funding.

I started uni in 2014, completed a foundation year and started the degree course in 2015. I then suspended my studies part way through the 2015/16 period due to health reasons. I returned to uni in September '16, I failed to complete all the assignments in that year but was allowed to progress onto the next year provided I completed the outstanding/failed modules along side the modules required for the second year of the degree stage. I withdrew from my studies entirely a few months into the 2017/18 period once again due to health reasons.

This year I've been offered a place a Sheffield Hallam through clearing and now I'm trying to organise funding.

I've sent a letter to SFE for compelling personal reasons with as much evidence as I could gather (letter from the original uni, letter from student wellbeing services, doctors letters from 2015-18, copies of prescriptions to show I'm getting help and doing better).

I've been given multiple information from different places and it's left me with a multitude of questions.

1) Should I put an application in for finance for September now or wait to hear about CPR first?

2) I've been told that I may get a full 3 years of funding if my CPR request I'd accepted but I've also been told I may only get 2 years as only 2 of my previous years were partial. If this is the case what are my options for funding the 3rd year?
I was told to look into career development loans but have since found these were scrapped in January.

3) if I need to fund a year myself, would it be the first or the last year? (I've been told both) and does anyone know if Sheffield hallam offer payment plans across the 3 years?
Should I contact hallam and discuss all this with them now or wait to hear about CPR?

4) if CPR gets rejected do I have any other options for funding? I doubt I'll be able to self fund 3 years.

Sorry this is such a long ramble, I've put so much work in getting myself to a place where I'm ready to go back to uni and now I'm terrified of the possibility that I won't be able to go because of funding. Any advice or information from people's past experience with anything similar would be appreciated so much, thank you
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nickeh)
Hi,

Looking for some advice regarding Compelling personal reasons and alternative tuition funding.

I started uni in 2014, completed a foundation year and started the degree course in 2015. I then suspended my studies part way through the 2015/16 period due to health reasons. I returned to uni in September '16, I failed to complete all the assignments in that year but was allowed to progress onto the next year provided I completed the outstanding/failed modules along side the modules required for the second year of the degree stage. I withdrew from my studies entirely a few months into the 2017/18 period once again due to health reasons.

This year I've been offered a place a Sheffield Hallam through clearing and now I'm trying to organise funding.

I've sent a letter to SFE for compelling personal reasons with as much evidence as I could gather (letter from the original uni, letter from student wellbeing services, doctors letters from 2015-18, copies of prescriptions to show I'm getting help and doing better).

I've been given multiple information from different places and it's left me with a multitude of questions.

1) Should I put an application in for finance for September now or wait to hear about CPR first?

2) I've been told that I may get a full 3 years of funding if my CPR request I'd accepted but I've also been told I may only get 2 years as only 2 of my previous years were partial. If this is the case what are my options for funding the 3rd year?
I was told to look into career development loans but have since found these were scrapped in January.

3) if I need to fund a year myself, would it be the first or the last year? (I've been told both) and does anyone know if Sheffield hallam offer payment plans across the 3 years?
Should I contact hallam and discuss all this with them now or wait to hear about CPR?

4) if CPR gets rejected do I have any other options for funding? I doubt I'll be able to self fund 3 years.

Sorry this is such a long ramble, I've put so much work in getting myself to a place where I'm ready to go back to uni and now I'm terrified of the possibility that I won't be able to go because of funding. Any advice or information from people's past experience with anything similar would be appreciated so much, thank you
first year is generally when you'd have to pay for yourself, rather than the rest. call student finance and ask to speak to a manager to know for sure exactly what the situation would be.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nickeh)
Hi,

Hi there,

1. We would advise you submit your application just now for September this is to ensure the evidence is added to this account.

2. If you are not funded for one year this would always be the first year not the final year.

3. It would always be the final years we fund, also we would advise speaking with your university to see if they have any funding options available.

4. If CPR is not awarded you will not receive funding for tuition fees but will continue to receive your Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.54%
Excited (156)
9.14%
Worried (306)
17.93%
Terrified (379)
22.2%
Meh (167)
9.78%
Confused (37)
2.17%