A level results day anxiety Watch

Wellnowhe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I heard that essay based exams may have 48% of not 1 in 2 people getting the wrong results for their effort, doing politics at a level which is the key subject determining whether I get into uni or not concerns me, could I see my work if it was a B quality dropped to a D grade based on examiners whim or is This unlikely?
Wooord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Yeah I was worried too when I heard this, I did 2 essay based A-levels :/
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Wooord; 3 days ago
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/r...a-level-grades
amy0370
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I took politics, English language and history. All my subjects could be marked wrong. I feel you.
Wellnowhe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
The Ofqual report doesn’t provide any hope, and we are still subjected to logistical risks of having harsh marking cause us to lose a place at our desired uni
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Wellnowhe)
The Ofqual report doesn’t provide any hope, and we are still subjected to logistical risks of having harsh marking cause us to lose a place at our desired uni
Well, the only way marking could be completely perfect would be if it were multiple choice, there's always going to be some risk of incorrect marking, though maybe more when the marker's judgement is relied heavily upon in humanities. Markers have to mark a set of exemplar responses to an acceptable degree of accuracy before they move onto live marking, and will have non-candidate responses snuck inbetween candidate responses, being stopped if they mark it outside a given tolerance. Hope this is some reassurance. Obviously understandable that you'd be worried though, especially with the media misrepresenting the situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads