level 3 UAL diploma Watch

Alexzzh45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I got BEU in my AS-levels, and might switch over to enrol onto my local college's UAL level 3 diploma/extended diploma. Does anyone know if I can apply for the foundation year whilst doing my first year level 3 diploma (as it is equivalent to 1.5 A-levels). And then not do the extended diploma. Thanks.
Last edited by Alexzzh45; 1 week ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alexzzh45)
I got BEU in my AS-levels, and might enrol onto my local college's UAL level 3 diploma/extended diploma. Does anyone know if I can apply for the foundation year whilst doing my first year level 3 diploma (as it is equivalent to 1.5 A-levels). And then not do the extended diploma. Thanks.
It would depend on the entrance requirements of the uni you are applying to.
It sounds like a bad idea to me as you only have on AS that is usable, so that would leave you on c 2 A levels. Unis expect 3.
Foundation years can cause a lot of problems later down the line and be expensive by using up student finance you might need later on if you want to change course or become ill or fail.

Take max advantage of FE and get the best grades possible , even if it means resits or an extra year. Be patient about getting to uni. Finishing the full btec would be cheaper and just as fast as foundation year, except foundation you could well be borrowing £ £7,000-£15,000 for the privilege.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Media & Communication Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business School Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (217)
12.41%
Excited (163)
9.32%
Worried (308)
17.62%
Terrified (386)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.3%
Confused (37)
2.12%