i missed my condition. what are the chances of LSE still taking me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
hi.

i'm an international student. i was offered a place in the department of government for a BSc starting September 2019 subject to an AAA condition. i was also offered a 150% scholarship for the three years of my programme because i applied to the undergrad support scheme and can’t afford college tuition or living in london lol

so far i have a BBA. i’m really shocked that i got a B in a level sociology and history because i was predicated to get A*s in both and frankly my exams weren’t bad enough for me to get a B. i had to sit three exams in one go (literature p5, socio p3 and politics p1 on 3 June), and then i had history p4 the very next day. if anything, i think this might have screwed up my result. still, i think there’s been some kind of mistake because i really didn’t do that bad and the thresholds are quite low so idk.

i’ve emailed the uni and have told them about the back to back exams (i didn’t before because i honestly thought this wouldn’t be an issue) and am also getting my exams rechecked (but i can only do that on 19 August because of government announced holidays here). i still have to receive my a level Politics (Edexcel) grade on the 15th.

i have two questions:
1. how long does the rechecking process take? i want to get both papers fully rechecked.
2. what are the chances of them taking me if i have an AABB at a level?
3. does anyone know if this will affect my scholarship?

any kind of help is welcome. i’m just really freaking out because i can’t find anyone else from LSE who failed to meet their condition this year or in recent years so i'm really not sure what their policy is like. i won’t be able to go to uni if i don’t get to keep this scholarship. my insurance is SOAS but that’s kinda useless because they didn’t give me a financial award.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi.

i'm an international student. i was offered a place in the department of government for a BSc starting September 2019 subject to an AAA condition. i was also offered a 150% scholarship for the three years of my programme because i applied to the undergrad support scheme and can’t afford college tuition or living in london lol

so far i have a BBA. i’m really shocked that i got a B in a level sociology and history because i was predicated to get A*s in both and frankly my exams weren’t bad enough for me to get a B. i had to sit three exams in one go (literature p5, socio p3 and politics p1 on 3 June), and then i had history p4 the very next day. if anything, i think this might have screwed up my result. still, i think there’s been some kind of mistake because i really didn’t do that bad and the thresholds are quite low so idk.

i’ve emailed the uni and have told them about the back to back exams (i didn’t before because i honestly thought this wouldn’t be an issue) and am also getting my exams rechecked (but i can only do that on 19 August because of government announced holidays here). i still have to receive my a level Politics (Edexcel) grade on the 15th.

i have two questions:
1. how long does the rechecking process take? i want to get both papers fully rechecked.

any kind of help is welcome. i’m just really freaking out because i can’t find anyone else from LSE who failed to meet their condition this year or in recent years so i'm really not sure what their policy is like. i won’t be able to go to uni if i don’t get to keep this scholarship. my insurance is SOAS but that’s kinda useless because they didn’t give me a financial award.
i meant three* questions. wow. my brain has not been fully functional since i've gotten my results.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi.

i have two questions:

Unlikely I am afraid. You missed by two grades overall. LSE aren't in clearing for Scottish students so I guess that is that

I would ask for a remark. Otherwise take again and reapply next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (66)
17.51%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (239)
63.4%
Not yet but I am planning to (19)
5.04%
Not yet but I might (53)
14.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed