Tips for Yr 11 Watch

Sian.M.A
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm going into Yr 11 this September and quite frankly I'm bricking it. Any advice? And is anyone else going into Yr11, how you feeling about it??
WillMHere
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m now at Uni, but I remember it. If it’s a new school or something for you then remember it’ll be the first day for more people than just you. You just gotta remember everyone’s in the same boat. Good luck
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheHistoryNerd_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello, I'm going into year 11 this year also and I used to be really nervous about going into year 11 but now I'm quite calm about it? I'm sure I'll panic in a September though ahah.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Year11starter19
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m going into year 11 and I am feeling very nervous as the work gets harder and teachers get stricter but if you just focus I’m sure it will all be fine
hweller
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m also going into year 11 - I’m sure equally as panicked! As for advice in my experience it’s much easier to give than to receive but I’d say in the grand scheme of things GCSEs aren’t the be all and end all. At the moment, as they’re the next milestone I’d say focus hard and put in the hours if you want grades you’ll be proud of (regardless of if you think they’ll ever realistically meet unrealistic expectations - do it for a sense of self-achievement) but know that at the end of the day whilst grades are important, they aren’t everything (despite what some people will say). Don’t be embarrassed to ask for help from teachers if you’re unsure about something; try to participate in lessons/discussions as I’ve found it’s really helped with remembering the information of you’re actively involved (and can boost confidence). Good luck in year 11 - probably was really unhelpful but just know that there are others genuinely feeling the same way! :-D
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%