University of Edinburgh - what’s it really like? Watch

eclectic-prawn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I’m applying to university of Edinburgh for 2020 entry and was just wondering what people have to say about living and studying at that Uni. when looking at rankings the student satisfaction doesn’t look that great there and I was wondering why that is? What’s it like studying there, really?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheMagicPaint
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I did my undergrad at Edinburgh (graduated 2018) and had a great time, though I know of students in other courses that weren't as satisfied with their experience. It really depends on what department you are in. It is a genuinely fantastic city though, and there's an abundance of clubs/societies, so to a certain extent it is very much what you make of it.
eclectic-prawn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by TheMagicPaint)
I did my undergrad at Edinburgh (graduated 2018) and had a great time, though I know of students in other courses that weren't as satisfied with their experience. It really depends on what department you are in. It is a genuinely fantastic city though, and there's an abundance of clubs/societies, so to a certain extent it is very much what you make of it.
This is why i came here, because i am hearing so many biased opinions and comments about this uni, which is in fact, very high ranked with amazing ratings and a world wide reputation throughout history. however, people always express their own dissatisfaction and there are always problems with different factors, student life, money and expenses, education and lecturers and even the quality of lecture notes. this is worrying though, and considering that i really want to go to a respectable and good university but have a good experience aswell.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by eclectic-prawn; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads