When to take pregnancy test? Watch

Aquamarine.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've taken a test once before and on the packet it said that its best to take the test a few days before your due on your period but I want to take one now and I'm right in the middle of my cycle (finished period about 2 weeks ago and not due on for 2 weeks yet). I don't really want to wait 2 weeks because it will just be on my mind. Does it matter if I take the test now or will it be completely inaccurate?

Thanks!
JoshuasMummy
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Theres no point in taking one until you are at least due your period. You will only get a negative result because the hormone that the test picks up wont be strong enough until then. So you would get a negative result anyway. You may aswell wait, pregnancy tests are expensive so dont waste your money!
Touche
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Completely inaccurate, it WILL be negative after only 2 weeks. They start to become +ve at around 3 weeks at the very earliest in some women, usually accurate at 3 1/2 to 4 weeks.

They don't make the instructions just to annoy you...
Aquamarine.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
So even if I was pregnant and conception happened 2-3 months ago, it would still appear negative?
Touche
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Er... if you had a period 2 weeks ago, and the episode you're worried about was 2-3 months ago, you are not pregnant. There would be no need for a test other than peace of mind.

If you were 2-3 months pregnant (so you had no periods since the sex), the test would be showing positive by now.
blondie_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aquamarine.)
So even if I was pregnant and conception happened 2-3 months ago, it would still appear negative?
It is very unlikely you would get your periods still but if you are then yes it would probably show positive if conception was 2-3 months ago. Take a test if you want to put your mind at ease. Why do you think you are if your periods have come?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads