Graduate entry onto an undergraduate medicine course Watch

Alihiii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. I am currently studying biology at the Uni of Sussex, just about to start 3rd year. I am on course for a 2.1 and have decided that I would love to study medicine after finishing my degree. I have a few questions that id love for anyone with any insight or in the same position as me to let me know anything they can!
1. As a graduate, will I have an advantage over getting an offer considering that I already have higher education experience in a science?
2. Is it possible to apply to medicine with a predicted degree grade, or will I have to take a year out to apply once knowing my degree grade?
3. And finally, as I did not take chemistry at a level (i took psychology, bio and french receiving AAB), would I still be considered, having a degree instead?
At the moment the medical school I am most interested in is BSMS. Thanks for any help!
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alihiii)
Hi. I am currently studying biology at the Uni of Sussex, just about to start 3rd year. I am on course for a 2.1 and have decided that I would love to study medicine after finishing my degree. I have a few questions that id love for anyone with any insight or in the same position as me to let me know anything they can!
1. As a graduate, will I have an advantage over getting an offer considering that I already have higher education experience in a science?
2. Is it possible to apply to medicine with a predicted degree grade, or will I have to take a year out to apply once knowing my degree grade?
3. And finally, as I did not take chemistry at a level (i took psychology, bio and french receiving AAB), would I still be considered, having a degree instead?
At the moment the medical school I am most interested in is BSMS. Thanks for any help!
If you apply to undergraduate medicine as a grad you’ll have to meet the same A-level requirements as a normal school leaver applying to medicine. They may have a slightly lower grade offer for graduates as some universities have but I’d imagine the lack of chemistry A-level would exclude you from applying

Edit; yes you can apply with predicted results, you don’t have to wait until you have results in hand
Last edited by AngryRedhead; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%