HELp!! Clearing Watch

Mb875
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just gotta leaving cert results Today and I’m sooo disappointed, I didn’t get enough points for my firm or insurance choice. I’m thinking of going through clearing and applying for foundation year courses but I don’t have the grades required for a foundation year course either I was considering going to Manchester met or Salford,
Anyone know of these two unis are flexible with getting into their foundation year course even if u don’t have the grades required for their foundation year???? Thanks alottttt
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fresher18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would suggest calling the admissions team for both of these Universities to discuss your options, sometimes they may accept you with lower results are you applying through UCAS or directly through the uni themselves?
Mb875
Rep:
?
I applied through UCAS, and I have Manchester met as both my firm and insurance choice but I know I will probably go through clearing as I don’t have the points they said in my offer letter
Last edited by Mb875; 1 week ago
Mb875
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fresher18)
I would suggest calling the admissions team for both of these Universities to discuss your options, sometimes they may accept you with lower results are you applying through UCAS or directly through the uni themselves?
I applied through UCAS, and I have Manchester met as both my firm and insurance choice but I know I will probably go through clearing as I don’t have the points they said in my offer letter
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mb875)
Have they actually declined you? If not it's worth giving them a ring now to discuss your situation and tell them how much you love the course and uni!
Mb875
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Have they actually declined you? If not it's worth giving them a ring now to discuss your situation and tell them how much you love the course and uni!
No track has not been updated yet so the universities will not get back to you until Thursday. But with the grades I got I doubt I will get in at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%