The Student Room Group

HELp!! Clearing

I just gotta leaving cert results Today and I’m sooo disappointed, I didn’t get enough points for my firm or insurance choice. I’m thinking of going through clearing and applying for foundation year courses but I don’t have the grades required for a foundation year course either :frown: I was considering going to Manchester met or Salford,
Anyone know of these two unis are flexible with getting into their foundation year course even if u don’t have the grades required for their foundation year???? Thanks alottttt
I would suggest calling the admissions team for both of these Universities to discuss your options, sometimes they may accept you with lower results are you applying through UCAS or directly through the uni themselves?
Reply 2
I applied through UCAS, and I have Manchester met as both my firm and insurance choice but I know I will probably go through clearing as I don’t have the points they said in my offer letter
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Fresher18
I would suggest calling the admissions team for both of these Universities to discuss your options, sometimes they may accept you with lower results are you applying through UCAS or directly through the uni themselves?

I applied through UCAS, and I have Manchester met as both my firm and insurance choice but I know I will probably go through clearing as I don’t have the points they said in my offer letter
Original post by Mb875

Have they actually declined you? If not it's worth giving them a ring now to discuss your situation and tell them how much you love the course and uni!
Reply 5
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Have they actually declined you? If not it's worth giving them a ring now to discuss your situation and tell them how much you love the course and uni!

No track has not been updated yet so the universities will not get back to you until Thursday. But with the grades I got I doubt I will get in at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending