The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

HELP! I'm in Clearing and need to know what Herts is like!

Hello!

I’m Tom, a 3rd Year University of Hertfordshire student studying Engineering. Given that clearing has opened, I thought I would create a post summarising life at the University of Hertfordshire, to help answer a few queries for any of you considering joining us at Herts though clearing. :shakehand:

I have had a fantastic first two years at Hertfordshire. Staff have always been very helpful and reachable, which has provided me with great academic support. My lectures have been very engaging and interesting. This is in part due to a varied timetable which includes a range of lectures, tutorials, practicals and drop-in sessions. For example, in my first year, there were days in which I would be in lectures at 9am, working on an engine testing rig at 11am and spot welding at 3pm - not your typical Uni day! Our Teaching has been rated TEF Gold, meaning that the University consistently delivers outstanding teaching and learning. Additionally, The Times Higher Education ranks Hertfordshire as one of the world’s Top 150 Universities under 50 years old.

The University has a large variety of accommodation including hundreds of newly built flats, with a guaranteed place in on-campus accommodation if you are offered a course through clearing on Thursday 15th or Friday 16th.

The University has great transport links. We are based at the bottom of the A1(M) (a 5 minute drive from the M25). UH is situated on two large campuses in Hatfield a 25 minute train journey from central London. There are also good rail & bus connections to St Albans, Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage. This makes Hertfordshire ideal for commuting students. :auto:

Student life is brilliant. We have an on-campus club, a pub and bar which host a range of nightlife from Quiz Night or Karaoke in the pub to club nights which have previously hosted Pendulum, Charli XCX, Sigala, Rudimental and Zane Lowe. Herts has a vast array of societies such as Ultimate Frisbee, Go Karting, Law or LGBT+. There are full gym facilities available with the College Lane gym open 24/7. Other sports facilities include a 25m pool, rock climbing wall, squash courts, sports halls and outdoor pitches. :eek:

There are ample food outlets around the campuses. There are restaurants, cafes, a subway and two SU shops. Our campuses offer a vast range of facilities. We have two large Libraries, both open 24/7 with a range of learning resources. There is an on-campus Medical Centre and pharmacy as well as dedicated Wellbeing and Counselling service. The CareersHub is available to assist in finding & applying for graduate jobs, placements and internships. There is round-the-clock campus security and student support available.

Hatfield has a range of restaurants and pubs which is great for eating out with friends. There are many green spaces within walking distance from the University and cycle trails to nearby towns. The Galleria shopping centre is situated between the campuses, which is very convenient.

If you have any further questions about life & study at University of Hertfordshire, let me know and I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can! :h:

Science-Building-UoH.jpg
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Want to get more of a feel for Herts? Why not come down to one of our clearing open days! We're holding two open days on the following dates:
- Friday 16 August
- Saturday 17 August

Open days run 10:00 - 14:00 and include campus & accommodation tours, opportunities to speak to subject & admissions staff, and finance, support & SU information stands. Be sure to click the above link to book your place on a clearing open day!

Want to see the campus but can’t make any of the above dates? Come on a campus tour instead!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending