I hate him!! 3-:< Watch

I like cheese
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I was having a really good day, chilling, watching tv, all that stuff. After lunch, me and my elder sister watch YouTube. She had a cup of really hot tea in front of her. We were watching a really funny video with a TERRIBLE noise and I reached out for her phone telling her to turn it off, and she moved back...spilling her tea on herself. She screamed and shouted and took her pants off (sorry if this might be a bit, erm, disturbing, but they were hot!).

My perfectly annoying father came and shouted. He told her to go and take a cold shower. I started crying, despite my age, and my father told me to go to my room. “tHiS iS wHy YoU sHoUlDnT wAtCh WhIlE eAtInG!!! nO mOrE wAtChInG wHiLe EaTiNg!” He said, which I don’t think is fair because we were finished eating and we’re just staying there because... well, just because. I lied in bed for half an hour or so feeling really guilty. Then I started studying to take my mind off of it.

Just when I had calmed down, I went downstairs again for some water. I said, “hey dad, we weren’t able to go on that bicycle ride we were talking about yesterday.”
“ThAtS bEcAuSe YoU wErE tOo BuSy CrYiNg!” He replied. His voice was still firm as if the tragedy happened a micro second ago. I don’t think this is very fair either because I was studying for most of those two hours! I also don’t think this is fair because she’s my sister and I don’t like it when she gets hurt. Can’t really say the same for him. “Screw the water,” I thought. I remained silent. I didn’t want to trigger him. So I went upstairs to continue studying.

Is anyone else’s dad like this? Does anyone else have a sibling you care for? What else do you do when you feel guilty?
Last edited by I like cheese; 3 days ago
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Parents are like this, honestly. We've all had parents snap at us for random reasons.

Best thing to do is grin and bear it. You'll have more independence when you're older. Also try not to watch earrape videos with high volume. :lol:
23c
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by I like cheese)
I was having a really good day, chilling, watching tv, all that stuff. After lunch, me and my elder sister watch YouTube. She had a cup of really hot tea in front of her. We were watching a really funny video with a TERRIBLE ear rape and I reached out for her phone telling her to turn it off, and she moved back...spilling her tea on herself. She screamed and shouted and took her pants off (sorry if this might be a bit, erm, disturbing, but they were hot!).

My perfectly annoying father came and shouted. He told her to go and take a cold shower. I started crying, despite my age, and my father told me to go to my room. “tHiS iS wHy YoU sHoUlDnT wAtCh WhIlE eAtInG!!! nO mOrE wAtChInG wHiLe EaTiNg!” He said, which I don’t think is fair because we were finished eating and we’re just staying there because... well, just because. I lied in bed for half an hour or so feeling really guilty. Then I started studying to take my mind off of it.

Just when I had calmed down, I went downstairs again for some water. I said, “hey dad, we weren’t able to go on that bicycle ride we were talking about yesterday.”
“ThAtS bEcAuSe YoU wErE tOo BuSy CrYiNg!” He replied. His voice was still firm as if the tragedy happened a micro second ago. I don’t think this is very fair either because I was studying for most of those two hours! I also don’t think this is fair because she’s my sister and I don’t like it when she gets hurt. Can’t really say the same for him. “Screw the water,” I thought. I remained silent. I didn’t want to trigger him. So I went upstairs to continue studying.

Is anyone else’s dad like this? Does anyone else have a sibling you care for? What else do you do when you feel guilty?
I struggled with my dad for a very long time and it took trying to see things for his perspective to change my relationship with him. He was probably upset because he was looking forward to spending time with you and didn't know how to show this and so got angry. my dad feels left out often and so gets angry yet it becomes a vicious circle. no one wants to spend time with him because he is always angry yet he is angry because he is lonely. it may not be the same but perhaps your dad was frustrated? Dads often don't understand why their daughters cry also because they were brought up where crying was seen to be weak. It definitely isn't but it may help you to understand his actions. see whether he wants to reschedule that bike ride, it may calm him down. I have a little brother who I stand up for against my dad which can cause a divide. I just try to stay out of family disputes and remain calm because when you chose sides thats when people get defensive. with regards to feeling guilty thats a healthy emotion, just don't put too much blame on urself. it was an accident after all! and you never meant to hurt anybody.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (68)
17.35%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
63.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.1%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed