summer holiday causing me depression Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I feel like this has been my worst summer, also my longest after finishing gcse's. I haven't gone out with friends because they were on holiday for some time and they have been back for 4 weeks yet we still can't make plans. I feel like I am stuck indoors and literally just lying in bed all day
captainamerica77
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like this has been my worst summer, also my longest after finishing gcse's. I haven't gone out with friends because they were on holiday for some time and they have been back for 4 weeks yet we still can't make plans. I feel like I am stuck indoors and literally just lying in bed all day
Imagine how I must feel... I watched 127 movies til now 😂😂😂😂

And went fruitpicking with old people
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
meowmari
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Try to get a part-time summer job and earn some pocket money! Even if it's in the weekends for a few hours, you'll still earn a decent amount!
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Suggest plans with friends one on one? Doesn't have to be your whole group
Pick up a hobby and start doing something- go for a run each day, do some drawing, learn something?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Suggest plans with friends one on one? Doesn't have to be your whole group
Pick up a hobby and start doing something- go for a run each day, do some drawing, learn something?
Agree with this.

Also, OP, try not to place your happiness in the hands of others. That gives them way too much power over you. You need to learn to be responsible for looking after your own emotions. If you're struggling with this then it might be worth talking to a trusted adult or even seeking some sort of professional help.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It's up to you to find something to do to entertain yourself. Lying in bed all day isn't going to solve anything. Sure, there are lots of things you can do at home like cook, bake, have a clearout, game, watch films or shows, craft, learn an instrument, write a book, do the garden, take a book outside to read in the garden with a cold drink.. but equally there are many things you can do outside.

Go for a walk. Just put your shoes on, go outside, take a camera, and bring home some nice pics. You could even download the Map My Walk app to see how far you've gone, and then beat it another day. Trust me, this is a great thing to do when you've just spent 12 years at school!! Even if you have just one friend who isn't on holiday, call them and make a plan. Or even a family member. You can't just wait for people to make plans with you, you have to be the one to do it.

Getting a job can be great, and even if there are no paid roles, volunteering is awesome sometimes, as you can meet great people who become friends for life.

Go on days out. You don't have to do this with friends. Find your local museums and go for a wander. Go to the cinema and watch a movie - nothing wrong with doing this on your own. Get on a bus and see where it takes you.

Honestly, there are plenty of things you can do if you put your mind to it, but if you've already decided you're spending all summer in bed.. you've already lost the battle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%