The Student Room Group

AS Results anyone? Thursday 15th August

All the Y13 students on TSR are excitedly/nervously awaiting A Level Results this Thursday but I've heard nothing from those who have sat AS Levels! If you attend a college/sixth form that still do (aka force you into) AS qualifications come chat...

How is everyone feeling?
Especially considering we know that AS levels 'aren't such a big deal' - are they?
Not me personally (i'm waiting on GCSEs), but a friend of mine is getting AS results and I think it's underrated. You guys put in hard work too.

Good luck to all! :hugs:
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries
Not me personally (i'm waiting on GCSEs), but a friend of mine is getting AS results and I think it's underrated. You guys put in hard work too.

Good luck on GCSEs! I remember it being so nervewracking because I didn't know what to expect. Stay with supportive people and I really hope your hard work pays off. <3
Reply 3
Original post by RazzzBerries

I'm bricking it atm. Took maths, further maths,physics, chemistry (the classic) all WJEC. I'm so nervous for my fm and chem results, I think maths and physics was ok. Any comments for/against looking at grade boundaries before going in Thursday morning?
Original post by biostudie
Good luck on GCSEs! I remember it being so nervewracking because I didn't know what to expect. Stay with supportive people and I really hope your hard work pays off. <3

Thank youuu, best of luck to you too! <3

Original post by Rockrs
I'm bricking it atm. Took maths, further maths,physics, chemistry (the classic) all WJEC. I'm so nervous for my fm and chem results, I think maths and physics was ok. Any comments for/against looking at grade boundaries before going in Thursday morning?

What :congrats: a :congrats: mood.
Personally, I'm a doughnut, so I'll be that twat that's up at 6am on Google. I feel like it'll make me more prepared going in, weirdly. Do whatever you're comfortable with, mate. :yes:
Reply 5
Original post by Rockrs

Personally I think I'm gonna skip grade boundaries this year. We don't go in to get our results till 11am (A2 results is at 9am... :frown:) so waking up early to check them will just prolong the waiting. Plus, last year I didn't feel like they gave me a good enough idea of how I'd done to be worth it.
It's up to you in the end!
im bricking it as well! i dont wanna retake (nothing wrong with it and if i end up having to, i'll adjust but i just don't want to end up doing that)
ngl its awkward posting on the yr 13 thread tho and we can't relate to gcses or most yr 12 students who did mocks and not AS. we're a lonely group of students ;.;
Reply 7
R we getting our predicted grades on thursday or is that when we get back to school as I want to know now so I know which unis I could apply to
So worried ngl. I'm not feeling that optimistic, hoping that I'll have at least done ok on comp sci and maths. The further maths and physics aren't feeling too good and the best thing is my friends and parents are expecting me to do better than I likely will.

But I guess I won't know until Thursday. Good luck everyone else btw
Im not worried about the results, i know theyll be mediocre, which dissapoints me but im worried about my parents reaction to it as they want 4As :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
AS results? I've just gotten mine actually. A few hours ago haha, I was rightfully worried 😅
Original post by Ruelynn
AS results? I've just gotten mine actually. A few hours ago haha, I was rightfully worried 😅

Yikes :/
Im worried after hearing about a few ppl doing CIE do pretty rough
What were u expecting and what did u get?
Original post by Switch01
Yikes :/
Im worried after hearing about a few ppl doing CIE do pretty rough
What were u expecting and what did u get?

Hmm, well I got BBD
I do business, law and sociology. I got the D in Law
I expected a C for Business, a B for sociology and a low grade for Law. I'm not bad at Law actually, far from it. But the day of the exam my boyfriend broke up with me and I couldn't find it in me to finish the entire paper. So i guess that was technically my fault.

But I did hear from a few of my mates they were definitely shocked at the sciences, so I think it's a little more worrying than my B's
Reply 13
Original post by PureHeroine
im bricking it as well! i dont wanna retake (nothing wrong with it and if i end up having to, i'll adjust but i just don't want to end up doing that)
ngl its awkward posting on the yr 13 thread tho and we can't relate to gcses or most yr 12 students who did mocks and not AS. we're a lonely group of students ;.;

It's such an awkward position to be in but I'm still nervous! Do you think it's worth retaking even if unis don't consider AS grades really anymore?
Reply 14
Original post by Switch01
Im not worried about the results, i know theyll be mediocre, which dissapoints me but im worried about my parents reaction to it as they want 4As :frown:

Exactly how I'm feeling... I got 10A*s (7 9s, 2 8s and an A* old spec) at GCSE so if I don't get 4As they'll think I've underperformed. Ridiculous that I'm more scared to see them than to see the results... gulp
Reply 15
Original post by soup.bucket
So worried ngl. I'm not feeling that optimistic, hoping that I'll have at least done ok on comp sci and maths. The further maths and physics aren't feeling too good and the best thing is my friends and parents are expecting me to do better than I likely will.

But I guess I won't know until Thursday. Good luck everyone else btw

I understand the parents and friends thing. Doing well at GCSE is all fun and games until it creates an expectation for AS and A level grades... :redface:
Good luck - I hope you get the grades you want!
Reply 16
Original post by Rockrs
R we getting our predicted grades on thursday or is that when we get back to school as I want to know now so I know which unis I could apply to

At my school it's not until after September when we go back, I'm not sure if all schools are the same though. I'm sure you could use those grades and ask a teacher or use them to make a rough estimate.
Original post by biostudie
It's such an awkward position to be in but I'm still nervous! Do you think it's worth retaking even if unis don't consider AS grades really anymore?

wordd. Yea I mean these results don't matter too much but if it comes to that I think it's worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest