Dashcam help Watch

Nadim Chowdhury
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Living in London means the traffic wardens work like ninjas and some people vandalize nice cars. I want a dashcam that is discrete so my car doesn't get broken in to, and can record so I can view what is happening with my phone when my dashcam notices detection. Some houses have those security cameras where you can see what's happening with your phone, was wondering if something similar is out there for dash cams.

Thank you
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
Living in London means the traffic wardens work like ninjas and some people vandalize nice cars. I want a dashcam that is discrete so my car doesn't get broken in to, and can record so I can view what is happening with my phone when my dashcam notices detection. Some houses have those security cameras where you can see what's happening with your phone, was wondering if something similar is out there for dash cams.

Thank you
The only dashcams with Live View functionality that I know of is BlackVue - don't know the specific model number but a quick search should find you something.
Nadim Chowdhury
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
The only dashcams with Live View functionality that I know of is BlackVue - don't know the specific model number but a quick search should find you something.
Thanks Tom (I guess that's your name). I'll look at some of the blackvue cams.
Soteria3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
Thanks Tom (I guess that's your name). I'll look at some of the blackvue cams.
BlackVue is costly but it is really worth it with all the features they provide
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
To have prope remote/live view you'd either need to park the car within range of WiFi, or the dashcam would need a sim card with 4G connectivity.

Some dashcams already have WiFi capabilities, but that's more for you to download the captured files when your car is parked outside your house so you don't have to remove the SD card.

I've not seen a dashcam that has proper remote viewing via a sim card.

I have a home camera to keep an eye on the dog that I can view live on my phone, but that's hooked up to our home WiFi which allows me to connect to it as long as my phone is also on WiFi or has a decent 4G signal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise