Am I allow to quit apprenticeship anytime soon? Watch

Tai007
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hello everyone, and I do have a question for you to ask? Okay, if I really want to start an advanced apprenticeship in engineering, which lasts for 45 months but I want to quit for 2 years and start progressing to university. Can it happen like that afterwards??
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Tai007)
Hello everyone, and I do have a question for you to ask? Okay, if I really want to start an advanced apprenticeship in engineering, which lasts for 45 months but I want to quit for 2 years and start progressing to university. Can it happen like that afterwards??
they might have a clause in your contract that you have to stay for so long after completing it. what level apprenticeship is it, it's strange that it's over two years and not a higher apprenticeship
Tai007
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
they might have a clause in your contract that you have to stay for so long after completing it. what level apprenticeship is it, it's strange that it's over two years and not a higher apprenticeship
I'm talking about a level 3 electrical engineering apprenticeship course which lasts for 45 months at Midkent College in Gillingham, Kent
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I'm talking about a level 3 electrical engineering apprenticeship course which lasts for 45 months at Midkent College in Gillingham, Kent
most level 3 apprenticeships are 24 months, i'd go with a different provider if there is another option.
Tai007
Rep:
?
most level 3 apprenticeships are 24 months, i'd go with a different provider if there is another option.
I really want to start doing level 3 engineering course at the college, but one of the staff members spoke to me over telephone that the course is full, and the applications were gone since last October, which I have to wait until they contact me on my mobile phone whenever it would avaliable, so I can apply for it online on the college website
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I really want to start doing level 3 engineering course at the college, but one of the staff members spoke to me over telephone that the course is full, and the applications were gone since last October, which I have to wait until they contact me on my mobile phone whenever it would avaliable, so I can apply for it online on the college website
do you have a placement in place already?
Tai007
Rep:
?
do you have a placement in place already?
Pretty much you can say that, but I have to wait until I recieve a phone call from them if a level 3 engineering course is avaliable for me to apply through their college website
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Pretty much you can say that, but I have to wait until I recieve a phone call from them if a level 3 engineering course is avaliable for me to apply through their college website
So basically, you're waiting for a call so you can "start" the application. It's not "pretty much you can say that", you have nothing right now.
Tai007
Rep:
?
Xarao, what do you mean and what are you talking about??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (67)
17.59%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (240)
62.99%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.25%
Not yet but I might (54)
14.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise