I'm God
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
It is, cheers G :cute:

I would hope so or I'd have to worship Satan instead :unimpressed:
But if I wasn't real, Satan wouldn't be either.

Checkmate?
byeongkwans
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
really really close? around 2 or 3 but overall around 8 with varying degrees of closeness
lemmens
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lets talk about it. I love friends. I love being around friends. I love the platonic bond I form with others. I love that friends aren't trying to get into your pants but just want to be their for you.
They are more loyal than partners.
They have fewer vested interests.
They are emotionally available without getting scared of commitment.

But after a-levels magically they all seem to disappear. I miss them. Thought I would ask for honest answers to my very simple and irrelevant question: how many close friends do you have in real life?

I have 2.
3 very very close friends who are more like family and who I’d do anything for
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by I'm God)
But if I wasn't real, Satan wouldn't be either.

Checkmate?
...you got me good
Kernel_Coder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
2 very good friends. I've known them since I was 15/16. We've experienced a lot together, and after Sixth Form we no longer saw each other everyday, but we still make an effort to meet about once a month if not once every two months. I made some friends at university, but I didn't bother keeping in contact with them...

My boss is also one of the best people that I've ever met, and I would consider him a true friend as well.
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Lets talk about it. I love friends. I love being around friends. I love the platonic bond I form with others. I love that friends aren't trying to get into your pants but just want to be their for you.
They are more loyal than partners.
They have fewer vested interests.
They are emotionally available without getting scared of commitment.

But after a-levels magically they all seem to disappear. I miss them. Thought I would ask for honest answers to my very simple and irrelevant question: how many close friends do you have in real life?

I have 2.
I would say 14 close close ones
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ikramit)
Yup, I agree it allows people to connect on a deeper level and because I never do that irl.
I don't really reach that deeper level of understanding with friends. I hang out with them for the moments I'm with them and then that's it.
Ngl I think jealously plays a role in these breakdowns
I agree to that to some extent...me and her were literally 2 peas in a pod since year 7 all the way to year 11, we were literally on a level where were talking about future and fr our heads were up in the clouds ngl. We used to value and talk a lot about family, she even invited me to her brothers wedding that was how deep it was. The rest of our conversations were based on banter and in general talk ygm. Anyway I get angry yet teary when I speak about her, but I'm glad I made the decision to just let her be and not chase after her, I'm so thankful of it!

Cos the people I used to be ''friends'' with were fake af and were all about getting high, drunk, f*cking as many girls as they could and partying all the time. I'm not about that life man, I'm about self improvement and making the most of my life, not wasting it. So I parted ways with them. Best decision I ever made
Omg I didn't know the same sh*t happened to u!
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Ngl I think jealously plays a role in these breakdowns
I agree to that to some extent...me and her were literally 2 peas in a pod since year 7 all the way to year 11, we were literally on a level where were talking about future and fr our heads were up in the clouds ngl. We used to value and talk a lot about family, she even invited me to her brothers wedding that was how deep it was. The rest of our conversations were based on banter and in general talk ygm. Anyway I get angry yet teary when I speak about her, but I'm glad I made the decision to just let her be and not chase after her, I'm so thankful of it!

Omg I didn't know the same sh*t happened to u!
Wait the same happened with you?! What da fooooook????
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
not gonna lie to you all, I get used to people too easily and then don't like letting go of them. Like with my toxic friend, it hurts me that she lied to me about not applying to Cambridge (I know I am being petty, let me) because she thought I was competition. we had such good laughs and banter.
any tips, JoshDarnIt ? you are soo wise. I legit need advice. how do I let go of people who don't appreciate me? HumbleBee_x you too can help, thx babes.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
not gonna lie to you all, I get used to people too easily and then don't like letting go of them. Like with my toxic friend, it hurts me that she lied to me about not applying to Cambridge (I know I am being petty, let me) because she thought I was competition. we had such good laughs and banter.
any tips, JoshDarnIt ? you are soo wise. I legit need advice. how do I let go of people who don't appreciate me? HumbleBee_x you too can help, thx babes.
Realise your self worth. You don't deserve these types of people in your life. You deserve better! Don't think of it as a loss, think of it as a win! That's one less sh*tty person you have to deal with.
Umair_B_K
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
It probably hits close to the bone and still pisses u off atm but the fact that u experienced a close bound and had for a while a positive force in ur life is something u shouldn't lose sight off. Try not to let the actions of a person affect the way u interact with others too much it can be hard at times but it's very valuable to retain positivity over cynicism. Retaining a positive disposition is more likely to put u in contact with like-minded people and it's worth bearing in mind the inverse is also typically true.
Last edited by Umair_B_K; 3 days ago
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Excluding family, I have 5 who I know I could count on for anything.
Anonymous #1
Realise your self worth. You don't deserve these types of people in your life. You deserve better! Don't think of it as a loss, think of it as a win! That's one less sh*tty person you have to deal with.
I am crowning you the best lad on TSR. I take liberties, I know.
I don't care. You are the best. You need to start a blog and share life lessons with us damaged ones. Who else agrees?
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I am crowning you the best lad on TSR. I take liberties, I know.
I don't care. You are the best. You need to start a blog and share life lessons with us damaged ones. Who else agrees?
I appreciate that

Not that I deserve it tho, I'm just conveying information that I've come to learn from others. If anything, it's those people that should be getting the credit, not me.
Anonymous #1
"one less shty person in your life" - WISE WORDS FROM THE WISE LORD. I am sorry for caps, I just ate a cheesecake and I am hyper.
Anyways, I will take that away from this thread. Thanks, Josh.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
"one less shty person in your life" - WISE WORDS FROM THE WISE LORD. I am sorry for caps, I just ate a cheesecake and I am hyper.
Anyways, I will take that away from this thread. Thanks, Josh.
Anytime :cute:
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I know many people, but I don't consider them true friends. They wouldn't be there for me during tough times. So how many close friends do I have? One; only person I've met in my life who supports me through anything, is always there when needed and genuinely has the best intentions for me. Very grateful to have such a friend
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Dunya
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
When I want to go out I have to spend 50 minutes reminding my mum which friend is which except for these 2 fools which she never forgets.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
About 10, probably
Joe2001
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Zero.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed