Visit University of Southampton during the weekend? Watch

alex.borisova
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello guys! I’m planning to visit the universities in Britain for their open days during the first weekend of October. Unfortunately I’m unable to visit University of Southampton for its open days which will be the following weekend. I have reached the staff and they said that the university can only be visited during the weekdays. Can someone who studies there tell me if it’s possible to see the campus, library etc. during a weekend with no open days?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
MedicalMuffins
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by alex.borisova)
Hello guys! I’m planning to visit the universities in Britain for their open days during the first weekend of October. Unfortunately I’m unable to visit University of Southampton for its open days which will be the following weekend. I have reached the staff and they said that the university can only be visited during the weekdays. Can someone who studies there tell me if it’s possible to see the campus, library etc. during a weekend with no open days?
Hi Uni of Southampton student here,

The uni is right, usually there’s not much open. So you come on the weekend the library will be open and that’s about it aside from walking around externally

This Saturday (17th) is the Clearing Open day so there will be more than your average weekend open if you’re around. They’ll be campus tours, student services (to talk about finance and accommodation) and a few cafes open to grab a bite to eat and see catering options. There’s also a halls of residence open so you can see different bedrooms.

Also, they run extra campus tours during the year. Saturday 24th is the next one so it’s a prolonged campus tour and a tour of accommodation too.

Hope this helps and hit me up with any questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%