Sending original copy of identification Watch

rebecca_andr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I'm applying to Postgraduate loan as an EU citizen and if I understood correctly, I need to send either my passport or my ID card as a proof of identification. However, in my country it's illegal to give away either of those documents as they are property of the state. What am I suppose to do about that?

Another thing - since it's a PO Box address, I cannot send it via a shipping company with courier, therefore the package cannot be insured. What if the package gets lost along with my passport?

Last thing - where is my guarantee that the employee who will be in charge of my application, therefore my passport, will go along with the GDPR/personal rights to protect my personal information? Or that they won't misuse any personal details? Or that they will indeed return my passport and it won't get lost?

Thank you.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rebecca_andr)
Hi,

I'm applying to Postgraduate loan as an EU citizen and if I understood correctly, I need to send either my passport or my ID card as a proof of identification. However, in my country it's illegal to give away either of those documents as they are property of the state. What am I suppose to do about that?

Another thing - since it's a PO Box address, I cannot send it via a shipping company with courier, therefore the package cannot be insured. What if the package gets lost along with my passport?

Last thing - where is my guarantee that the employee who will be in charge of my application, therefore my passport, will go along with the GDPR/personal rights to protect my personal information? Or that they won't misuse any personal details? Or that they will indeed return my passport and it won't get lost?

Thank you.
Hi there,

We do require your original ID to be sent to us to be able to confirm your identity. If you are looking to send this by courier you can send to the following address:

Student Finance England
The Memphis Building
Lingfield Point
McMullen Road
Darlington
Co Durham
DL1 1RW

Once we have validated your ID we then return this to you by special delivery and provide you with the tracking number to track your document.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.54%
Excited (156)
9.14%
Worried (306)
17.93%
Terrified (379)
22.2%
Meh (167)
9.78%
Confused (37)
2.17%