Overdoes Watch

Danbrown377373
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I took 7 paracetamol in 11 hours and 15 minutes cause of an ear infection I'm a 6ft 15 year old ?
23c
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Danbrown377373)
I took 7 paracetamol in 11 hours and 15 minutes cause of an ear infection I'm a 6ft 15 year old ?
I would drink lots of water and if you feel unwell then go to A and E just to check but that shouldn't be enough to do any serious damage.
23c
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
just make sure u don't take anymore for a day or two
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
You should only take 2 every 4 hours and no more than 4 in 24 hours I believe. So, I'd recommend diluting the drug with water and avoid sleeping for a period of time also. Eating food is also a good way to minimise the effects felt from taking drugs
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
23c
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You should only take 2 every 4 hours and no more than 4 in 24 hours I believe. So, I'd recommend diluting the drug with water and avoid sleeping for a period of time also. Eating food is also a good way to minimise the effects felt from taking drugs
Its no more than 8 tablets in 24hours according to NHS. but yh I agree 100%
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
most of the drug is metabolised by the liver after going into the blood stream. It also changes the chemistry of the brain so you may feel some effects of that nature too
Danbrown377373
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Will I die ?
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
Not die
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
It's recommendation from the pharmacologists. It's like the recommended weekly alcoholic consumption, if you do it once in a while it's not bad
Izzyf14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You’ll be fine honestly, they say 2 every 4 hours but up to 8 in a 24 hour period, that means you can have 8 in the time of 12 hours if you do the maths which is basically the same as what you’ve done so it’s fine
Last edited by Izzyf14; 5 days ago
ElNiñoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You had 7 in just over 11 hours, 6 in 12 hours is the recommended dosage. I had 800mg of ibruprofen all at once and I was supposed to take 400mg every 4-6 hours or whatever. I'm still alive and you will be fine too.
Respect.Global
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Danbrown377373)
As long as you don't take more than 4g (8 500mg tablets) in a 24 hour period which is the max dosage you'll be fine.

However, if you experience any pain on your right upper side below the rib or stomach pain please go to your nearest A&E as this could be a sign of paracetamol toxicity. Although you haven't taken nearly enough to start that so you'll be fine and you shouldn't worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.83%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (328)
63.69%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.66%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed