Is it odd to go away on your own? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Basically for my 21st I really want to go to Maldives. My parents already went for their honeymoon many moons ago. My friends can’t afford it. I can. And I just wanna go and say I paid for it myself. But I’m worried I’ll look weird lying by the pool by myself?
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Nah go ahead. F*ck what others think. Go enjoy yourself
ElNiñoo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically for my 21st I really want to go to Maldives. My parents already went for their honeymoon many moons ago. My friends can’t afford it. I can. And I just wanna go and say I paid for it myself. But I’m worried I’ll look weird lying by the pool by myself?
Do whatever you want to do, if you have a good time by yourself then who cares?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
But, and here's the real question, who cares? I highly doubt anyone there will have enough time to question you being there, they'll be too busy living their lives just like you should be instead of worrying what others will think.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Lots of people lie by the pool by themselves. Nothing weird about that.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I went on holiday by myself a few years back. Best decision I ever made. Nobody cares if you're on your own, just enjoy yourself.
NoTearsLeftToCry
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
It’s not weird but i mean it’s always more fun to share the memories with someone you love
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry)
It’s not weird but i mean it’s always more fun to share the memories with someone you love
Ikr! If only I had a boyfriend hahah
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
No go for it - I often go to cafes etc by myself, in fact its preferable.
Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I’ll come haha
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I think travelling alone really benefits you it makes you more independent, you realise the importance of stuff and you can just chill out. It’s not weird, I think it’s the best experience anyone can do. Just make sure you do your research on the area so you know your way around. Then you can avoid any possible dangers or scammers when travelling alone as travelling alone makes you more vulnerable.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
I think travelling alone really benefits you it makes you more independent, you realise the importance of stuff and you can just chill out. It’s not weird, I think it’s the best experience anyone can do. Just make sure you do your research on the area so you know your way around. Then you can avoid any possible dangers or scammers when travelling alone as travelling alone makes you more vulnerable.
Thank you! Yeah when I first booked it i was anxious about what my parents would think ( even though I’m 20) but they did say that they wouldn’t be going and they wouldn’t be offended if i went with out them! I mean i am worried about getting kidnapped as you see a lot of that happening on the news these days but I’m staying in a 5* hotel in a touristy area and flying with a well known travel company so I should be ok???
ImZachie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Thank you! Yeah when I first booked it i was anxious about what my parents would think ( even though I’m 20) but they did say that they wouldn’t be going and they wouldn’t be offended if i went with out them! I mean i am worried about getting kidnapped as you see a lot of that happening on the news these days but I’m staying in a 5* hotel in a touristy area and flying with a well known travel company so I should be ok???
yeah youll have a great time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise