The Student Room Group

Any ideas as to what EPQ I should do?

I'm doing chemistry, biology and French as my a levels and I'm really interested in the brain and how drugs affect the body and mind. I just find it fascinating. Any ideas? I also enjoy languages and speak a lot of them fluently. Thanks
Original post by JMcGarry00
I'm doing chemistry, biology and French as my a levels and I'm really interested in the brain and how drugs affect the body and mind. I just find it fascinating. Any ideas? I also enjoy languages and speak a lot of them fluently. Thanks

Well I don’t know how you’re going to get the languages in, unless you write it in one or do an EPQ about a certain culture.
If you’re interested how drugs affect the mind, go with that. Make it fairly specific though, I was told to cut half of my content out for my EPQ as it was enough for a dissertation hahahah
Reply 2
How could I make it specific?
How could I make it specific?

Well rather than saying drugs say what drugs
Theres a difference between alcohol and crystal meth hahahah
Reply 4

I did an EPQ on the different brain structures and chemicals in serial killers and that was interesting. your topic of drugs and their impact sounds interesting, maybe you could pick a specific drug and look at its short term and long term impacts. Whatever u decide to do make sure you document the changes to ur title or the process which got you there because the process is where you get the marks! the most important thing with an epq is that you do a topic you enjoy because research and writing alongside 3/4 a levels is hard enough so it is easier if its a subject or topic you look forward to finding out about. Good luck!
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice. I'll do heroin. Wait, that sounds bad😂
Reply 6
Thanks for the advice. I'll do heroin. Wait, that sounds bad😂

Hahah good idea, science topics are good for epq cos u can go on google scholar and find loads of research on the topic to reference. Just make sure if you use a source you copy down the reference so u don't have to look for it later!
Hey dunno if you have decided what to do for EOQ yet, but I was initially planning to do an EPQ on dreams so I think that you’d find that really interesting, or friends of mine done EPQ on the effect of certain drugs on the heart and stuff like that. You could do an EPQ that links in with a course u want to do in uni or an apprenticeship u want to do as a taster and it would look good to the uni as well ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending